Getting Around on Anthem with travel scooter

Tips from anybody who has used their mobility travel scooter on the Anthem for the following:

We will be AFT on Deck 9. I always use my scooter on cruises, so I know the rules re storing scooter, driving safety, notify cruise line, etc., but the only RCCL cruise where I used scooter was on Grandeur and I had no issues at all. Next year however, we will be aboard the Anthem.

1. At Embarking, do I need to use gangplank, or can I board in another area? Grandeur had a lower area to board.

2. I don’t mind waiting for elevators, but was it difficult on Anthem?

3. I usually check in with maitre’d at boarding and ask for table near entrance of MDR as I don’t want to be in the way; are they pretty accommodating?

Bottom Line-How was your experience with your scooter on the Anthem? This is a first for me on a larger vessel. Thanks in advance. Happy sailing!!

We will board at Cape Liberty.

Edited by fair-winds39
Adding more info

You will have no trouble with a scooter on Anthem.

If using your own scooter you will enter thru gang plank. No separate area like Grandeur that I know of.

Waiting for elevators is a challenge on any ship.  If you are sailing off season, non holiday and ship is not packed with kids you should be fine.

Have a great cruise😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You will have no trouble with a scooter on Anthem.

If using your own scooter you will enter thru gang plank. No separate area like Grandeur that I know of.

Waiting for elevators is a challenge on any ship.  If you are sailing off season, non holiday and ship is not packed with kids you should be fine.

Have a great cruise😀

Thanks for info🙂

We live near Cape Liberty and use the Anthem a lot. My wife is a stroke survivor and we always get a scooter for her. The staff is very accommodating, we never had an issue with them. Our only issues were with healthy passengers who ignore the accessible signs in the Windjammer and theaters and use those designated areas for themselves.

• Like 1