Thoughts on Discovery Princess 9/18 to 9/25 Cruise Seattle to Vancouver - 1st Time Princess Cruiser

san diego spartan

On 10/3/2022 at 5:54 PM, san diego spartan said:

I am not a fan of the Medallion App due to the time it took pre-cruise to get everything set up/entered. It was cumbersome to try to find things on the App pre cruise and would prefer to use the lap top website to just enter the info required for check in.  Did you check out the "web-based app"? Much easier to use.

Also you could not book excursions pre boarding on the App You do that in the Personalizer on the website.  

even the mini suite (our friends had one and it was a nice size, though the jacuzzi tub seemed like a waste of space).Never seen a jacuzzi tub in a mini, but I'll take your word for it. My mini experience is limited.   

self-laundry.  Nice that it was free (soap and dryer sheets too!).  You were lucky. Not always free. Apparently, the token machines weren't functioning. 

At 1 time at the Crown Grill ($29 fee) and would not waste the money again.  Disappointing meal.  What did you not like in the CG? It's usually very good.

And after the 1st night we were asked if we wanted the same table each night with same waitstaff, etc - we decided to say "yes" and had it the same time every night the rest of the cruise, which worked out very easily. Great to hear. Hope that happens on our next cruise.

It was too cold to sit up on the open deck (and I have to say I never saw blankets offered just pool towels).  Blankets are available. You may have to ask, sometimes they're available at the pool areas.

Thanks for your opinion.🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jtcoolk said:

Thank you for your review.  I was curious about the Crown Grill and why it was a bad experience.  I went in May on same ship and had 2 amazing dinners there.

Glad you enjoyed your meals.there. our waitress was totally  overwhelmed and the service was bad.  The food was just so so and imo not better than the main dining room 

• Like 2