Meraviglia - have drink package, is the paid show discounted?

luvavacation

Meraviglia has a couple pay shows from Carousel at Sea.  The paid shows include a drink.  We already have the drink package.  Is part of the show payment credited back to us?  

Just seems somewhat redundant.  

Or, is it possible to just reserve the show?  Is there an option on board to just go see the show, or is the only way to see it is to pay for it?

The shows and speciality cocktails are separate from any drink package.

This was the same on Meraviglia when it was Cirque as well.

We were not fans of the speciality drinks...but we also prefer more basic/classic adult beverages vs the newer "mixology" versions.

Cheers! 

Thanks for clarifying.

Might just skip those shows in that case.  We have seen a few of the shows on various MSC ships, and they all seem to offer some sort of acrobatic/juggling/dance sequence within them.  Can't see paying for the Cirque type of show when it's similar to the previous offerings from MSC (at least, from what I have watched on youtube).

My family still laughs at the Benny Hill music and dinosaur chase during the MSC version of Peter Pan meets Pirates of the Caribbean a few years ago.  If nothing else, it was definitely quite hilarious, but the acrobatic sequences (which had nothing to do with pirates, or lost boys, or treasure, or even fairies) every 5 minutes or so were truly amazing.  I just don't know if it is something we should make the time for.

3 hours ago, luvavacation said:

Can't see paying for the Cirque type of show

If you don't care for this type of show, I can understand that.  But, in my opinion, the show that I saw on Meraviglia that was a Cirque show was far superior to the same type that I saw on Celebrity Eclipse.  The Bahama Mama was my choice of the ones offered for the show.  Someone must have waved a bottle of Rum over the top of the glass, but forgot to put much--if any--in the glass.  

36 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

If you don't care for this type of show, I can understand that.  But, in my opinion, the show that I saw on Meraviglia that was a Cirque show was far superior to the same type that I saw on Celebrity Eclipse.  The Bahama Mama was my choice of the ones offered for the show.  Someone must have waved a bottle of Rum over the top of the glass, but forgot to put much--if any--in the glass.  

What was the cost for the show?   

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

We do like the Cirque type shows, and have seen a couple of the Cirque du Soleil branded shows inland. The acrobatics tossed into what might or might not be a story on the unique MSC shows (might be different now; haven’t cruised since before Covid stoppage) have always impressed us, but I suppose we just don’t see the value in this option with the drink. Wish it was offered without the drink, but hey, 2 more seats for others to enjoy the production. If it’s anything like what the regular shows offered, it will be impressive!

9 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I do not remember, but, it was very reasonable for the entertainment provided (but not the beverage).  

Yesterday we prepaid $12 each per show by calling MSC.  The online system of booking told us it was fully booked, but we called MSC (had to do so twice) and were told there was availability.  There apparently is a glitch in the online booking system or MSC gave us some seats that are usually held for those who book onboard.

• 1 month later...

The show is now $18 on board, not sure if that includes the gratuity as I had prebooked. Just check that they don’t charge you again when you attend the show as that’s what happened to me. I think there were kids there though it is loud so some kids might not like it.

The shows were good but no better than included shows I’ve seen on other cruise lines.