When does the cruise planner appear on the app? Also, random question regarding cabin upgrade.

6045pjp

I sail in 5 days, and there is still no information loaded in the cruise planner as far as entertainment and activity schedules. The only thing that shows up are some of the excursions at port. Nothing as far as schedules on the ship.

Is it odd to not have any of this info there 5 days out?

Also, I got an upgrade from interior/promenade view to oceanview with RoyalUp. They gave me cabin 6702 (Independence of the Seas) which is the very last cabin at the aft of the ship. Is this a very poor cabin? Does it actually have a regular window or is it obscured being the last cabin on the ship? I couldn't find any solid reviews online.

It isn't too big of a deal as I just bid the minimum, and wasn't expecting anything. The deck plan shows it as a spacious ocean view, but they awarded it to me as a regular ocean view.

Thanks for any input!

You cant book shows until you board, so I just wait.

Far aft you could have more movement if the waves are big. I did a corner aft and it was a longer walk but i enjoyed being there. Seems like Mdr and WJ are in the aft so I choose aft on purpose. 

13 hours ago, 6045pjp said:

Does it actually have a regular window or is it obscured being the last cabin on the ship? I couldn't find any solid reviews online.

An image/video search of any of those aft cabins on any Freedom class ship may yield some info. 

For the shows and other activities you may expect, set the app to the current sailing for info. 

Thanks! The itinerary the ship is currently on is slightly different, but ultimately I’m sure it’s about the same. 
I’ve been able to find a single report on a similar room, seems ok. Overall just minor things that won’t be a big deal in the long run.