How is the pier in Nassau

Jmaison

The last time we were in Nassau ( April 2022) I think the pier was under construction and a complete mess.  There was transportation from the ship to the edge of port.  Have the conditions improved?  My husband and I both have some mobility issues and need some kind of transport from ship to street.  Thanks joanie

Construction is progressing well, the pier itself is MUCH further ahead than it was when we were there in Jan of this year (we were there last month).  We were on Oasis and were docked the furthest away from the street and there were lots of transports going to and from.

On 10/6/2022 at 2:05 PM, Jmaison said:

The last time we were in Nassau ( April 2022) I think the pier was under construction and a complete mess.  There was transportation from the ship to the edge of port.  Have the conditions improved?  My husband and I both have some mobility issues and need some kind of transport from ship to street.  Thanks joanie

Was there in September piers are done as far as decking is concerned.  They are adding canopies now.  They entrance is still under construction so they were routing you below the new entrance building and the new but yet open outdoor market.  This was on a new paver walkway.  It has improved greatly since we were there in February. 

On our visit two weeks ago, there was was the expanded golf carts that took anyone form the ship to the edge of the port building, but there were also smaller golf carts that said Handicapped Only.  It looked like they were going closer to the gate.