car rental shuttles from miami port

nicenelli

Hi. I was wondering if and which car rental companies pick up from the Miami port to take you to the airport to get a car. I am most interested in EZcar rental because they have the best price. I would rather save on getting to the airport to get the car if possible. Thanks and I'm open to suggestions

I don't know if I have an answer for you, but try Hertz. A little over a year ago I tried to do the same thing and not a whole lot was available. The best I could do was rent a car at the Hotel Sheraton downtown. I took a taxi from the port to the hotel. That wasn't a biggie. I overheard someone else saying they had rented a car, but he ended up having to take a taxi to the airport to pick the car up. ($20.00 ride I believe) Since then the Sheraton has been torn down so that's not an option now. Hertz is showing they have an office at the Intercontinetal Hotel which is just a few blocks from the port. Check it out.

John

Intercontinental Hotel

100 Chopin Plaza Miami , Florida US

Phone: 305-577-1000 Fax: 786-425-3195

Hours of Operation: Mo-Fr 0800-1800, Sa-Su 0800-1600

Additional Information:

Vehicles cannot be returned to the hotel. The nearest return location is Miami DT HLE, 354 S.E. 1st Street, approximately 1 block away.

Special Services at this Location:

Child Seats

Hand Controls

Pickup/Return Service:

Available with a one hour advance notice and within 15 minutes from the Hertz Local Edition location. Contact the location to arrange for Pick Up service.

I realize that that did not answer your question as to which car companies pick you up at the dock. I am unsure, but I just wanted to suggest avoiding the fly by night jobbers... Obviously a taxi or super shuttle or the ship transfer (for the driver in your party?) to go get the car and come back and get the rest. Try sending one out for early dis embarkation, let the others hang out on the ship. We travel with 2 cell phones to call when the car and driver is back from the airport. I guess what I am saying is there is a ton of options. If you find someone who will pick you up (doesn't enterprise say they will pick you up?) please let us know. Brian

We are using dollar, my daughter just used them too, return the car to miami airport and they have a free shuttle to the port and when you are back do the same in reverse. worked well for them and we are all set to do the same in 18 days!

Archived