Shade on Sweet Sixteen Balconies

kk20

Unlike most cruisers, my spouse likes to have a shaded balcony. He enjoyed the large overhang on deck 9 when we sailed on the summit in aqua class. 

For an upcoming cruise, there are some sweet sixteen cabins open and I’m wondering if they provide a shaded area to sit? Or are we better off booking a aqua class cabin on the 9th floor again with the large overhang? (And yes, I am aware that we won’t have the aqua class perks of we book the 6th floor). Thanks!

We’ve had 6030 and 6035 on the Summit previously. Both are sweet sixteens, in fact they’re the last cabins of that designation on either side. Both had very deep balconies with lots of shade. We liked those cabins especially since we were far enough back that there weren’t any visible obstruction in our view of the water and even had a decent view towards the rear of the ship. Try and get one of these! 

• Like 1

We have stayed in Sweet 16 cabins many times.  Yes, there is shade.  1/2 shade (from balcony above) and 1/2 sun (of course this depends on the angle of the sun!).  We love these cabins.  Unfortunately, Celebrity is changing the cabin grade for these on the Millenium class ships little by little.  They have always been the least expensive veranda category, but they are going up in price.  Still, they are a great cabin for the extra (double depth) size of the balcony.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/11/2022 at 4:43 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

We’ve had 6030 and 6035 on the Summit previously. Both are sweet sixteens, in fact they’re the last cabins of that designation on either side. Both had very deep balconies with lots of shade. We liked those cabins especially since we were far enough back that there weren’t any visible obstruction in our view of the water and even had a decent view towards the rear of the ship. Try and get one of these! 

I am replying very late to your comment - we just booked 6030 on Infinity for a Med cruise.. thank you for the suggestion!

• Like 1