taxi to Mullet Bay?

jstewa22

Hi, folks.  We'll be in St. Maarten in early December (Celebrity Constellation), are thinking about taking a taxi to Mullet Bay, it sounds like there's some decent off-the-beach snorkeling there.  Does anyone have any experience with taxis from the port, and/or Mullet Bay?  Thanks a million!

--Jon

The local taxi rates are fixed, but the current site isn't up with new rates.  Used to be around $16 for 2 from cruise port to Maho which is just shy of Mullet Bay.   A tour might be a decent choice if you have a group.  Mullet is very nice.  Great water.  You can see the planes without the noise and sand blowing.  2 places on the beach for facilities.  Rosie's is the cheaper spot for drinks and IMO better food.  Umbrellas and chairs were around $20 pre covid.  But do watch your stuff. There have been reports of sticky fingers lingering at the picnic tables.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jstewa22 said:

Thanks so much for the info, crewsweeper.  I've also read that you can catch a bus from Back St. in Philipsburg, is it worth doing that or too much of a hassle?

Cheaper for sure, but schedule and ability to catch one would give me pause if there on a cruise ship.  These are more like minivans.  I wouldn't know where to catch one.  Maybe blue water has a clue.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Question, as we are planning on taking the taxi from the cruise dock to Mullet Bay - do we have to call a taxi to come pick us up?  Is there a place there that taxis wait?  I've only used the buses on St Martin, not taxis.  Thanks so much for any info.

On 12/2/2023 at 11:57 AM, arweg said:

Question, as we are planning on taking the taxi from the cruise dock to Mullet Bay - do we have to call a taxi to come pick us up?  Is there a place there that taxis wait?  I've only used the buses on St Martin, not taxis.  Thanks so much for any info.

I asked the same question in an other thread and I was told that taxis are easy to get directly at the port.

I want to get to Maho asap after the ship docks, so I also want a taxi and not a shared one because I do not want to wait 15 or 20 minutes for the shared one to fill. My ship docks at 12:30 pm and most big planes land between 1 and 3pm so I really want to get to Maho asap !