Using VeriFLY for covid docs; still wants a negative test?

LMaxwell

I am completing my VeriFLY app for an upcoming cruise in 2 weeks; on the screen it says to upload proof of covid vaccine OR a negative test. I just uploaded my vax card, but it still has the area requiring a negative test. Has anyone experienced this? Is it because the card must be confirmed first on VeriFLY end? This is my first time using VeriFLY and it is my understanding that proof of vaccination is sufficient for HAL and no testing / negative testing is required to board short, closed loop cruises from the US. 

Insight, experience, advice? 

Yes, Verifly will have to confirm your card and yes, the negative test requirement will disappear. If everything is in order, you should be notified by email to let you know that your vax card was approved, or that there is an issue you need to address. I think it took about 15 or 20 minutes for them to approve mine and give me a “Ready to Sail” check mark!  I’m betting you’ve already had it approved by the time you read this!

• Like 2

There is one caveat to this - if you added your cruise to VeriFLY before the new requirements changed on Oct 1, you might  need to delete the cruise and then add it again. I had no issues after deleting my cruise and re-adding, once I loaded my vaccination the test was not required. 

• Like 3