National Express Departure Time change

ladysail2

I bought a National Express ticket from London to Southampton. It is non-amenable and non- refundable. But National Express has changed my departure time to a later time. There are earlier times available that I would rather take. I really can’t find help on their website about how to change my ticket.  Do I have to buy a new ticket, or will they exchange my current one to a more preferable time for me. 
Thank you for any help. 

If the change imposed by Nat Express is significant, they should come to some accommodation.

Best bet from Canada is either e-mail (I guess you select "travel & ticketing") or use the on-line chat facility which will probably pop up.(Figure at a suitable hour for both you & the UK)

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/help/contact

Good luck

JB 🙂

13 hours ago, John Bull said:

If the change imposed by Nat Express is significant, they should come to some accommodation.

Best bet from Canada is either e-mail (I guess you select "travel & ticketing") or use the on-line chat facility which will probably pop up.(Figure at a suitable hour for both you & the UK)

https://www.nationalexpress.com/en/help/contact

Good luck

JB 🙂

Thank you John. I tried the on-line chat, but it’s not a person, just a series of topics with further policies and rules. I felt the simplest thing to do was buy a new ticket, so that’s what I did.  
The time change difference was not significant, just 30 minutes but it meant that I didn’t arrive into Southampton until 1pm. With sundown around 5pm, it didn’t give me alot of time to go to a few places that I’d like to visit. So I am taking the 8:30am bus from London and arriving at 10:40am 🤞.  That gives me some extra time.  I hope they don’t change this schedule 🤞.  
Also, I made a reservation at the Duke of Wellington for Sunday Roast lunch. I am really looking forward to that!  
Thank you for all your help!  😊

On 10/17/2022 at 12:03 PM, ladysail2 said:

I bought a National Express ticket from London to Southampton. It is non-amenable and non- refundable. But National Express has changed my departure time to a later time. There are earlier times available that I would rather take. I really can’t find help on their website about how to change my ticket.  Do I have to buy a new ticket, or will they exchange my current one to a more preferable time for me. 
Thank you for any help. 

7 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Thank you John. I tried the on-line chat, but it’s not a person, just a series of topics with further policies and rules. I felt the simplest thing to do was buy a new ticket, so that’s what I did.  
The time change difference was not significant, just 30 minutes but it meant that I didn’t arrive into Southampton until 1pm. With sundown around 5pm, it didn’t give me alot of time to go to a few places that I’d like to visit. So I am taking the 8:30am bus from London and arriving at 10:40am 🤞.  That gives me some extra time.  I hope they don’t change this schedule 🤞.  
Also, I made a reservation at the Duke of Wellington for Sunday Roast lunch. I am really looking forward to that!  
Thank you for all your help!  😊

We missed our connection from LHR to Southampton because of a delay in customs.  They added an additional amount to our ticket and we took a later coach

44 minutes ago, desert2lover said:

We missed our connection from LHR to Southampton because of a delay in customs.  They added an additional amount to our ticket and we took a later coach

I’ve heard of that occurance. I wanted to take an earlier bus. Now that there will a train strike on the day I’m taking the bus, I want to make sure I have a ticket beforehand.  

2 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

I’ve heard of that occurance. I wanted to take an earlier bus. Now that there will a train strike on the day I’m taking the bus, I want to make sure I have a ticket beforehand.  

An 8.30am bus  would need an early flight arrival - I guess 7am or earlier ?

Since you've still also got your original tickets for the ? 11 am ? bus, take them with you too, just in case. 😉

JB 🙂

18 hours ago, John Bull said:

An 8.30am bus  would need an early flight arrival - I guess 7am or earlier ?

Since you've still also got your original tickets for the ? 11 am ? bus, take them with you too, just in case. 😉

JB 🙂

I’m landing in London on the 2nd and going to Southampton on the 5th….so lots of time that way….just have to leave the hotel in plenty of time.  I was going to take a taxi to Victoria Coach station from my Earl’s Court hotel…they might be in high demand due to the strike. Might have to take the tube.  🤔