2 questions on Carnival ship

Jtd724

The Elation class ships (sorry don't know the true class name), how many outdorr pools do they have? Also on the top deck where the was a big space for shuffleboard near the front end of the ship, is it still for shuffleboard or is it something else now?

There is still space up front for shuffleboard (at least on the Elation). That deck space is largely unused. Probably mostly used by people who would like to get some sun but want to be away from the noise of the main pool but don't want to go to the F-Deck.

It's also very windy up there when the ship is moving.

Ok, the reason I'm asking is because I just watched a cruise special that featured Elation and that sun deck looked so bare! with tons of space to spare. They had one huge chunk of the sundeck close to the front with like 15 lanes of shufflebaord with noone playing, waste of space, convert it to multipurpose sports center or an outdoor disco. I just thought that class of ships sundecks were very bare.

There is still space up front for shuffleboard (at least on the Elation). That deck space is largely unused. Probably mostly used by people who would like to get some sun but want to be away from the noise of the main pool but don't want to go to the F-Deck.

It's also very windy up there when the ship is moving.

They are starting to convert that area into mini-putt on Fantasy class ships.

This satellite photo from google maps shows two Fantasy class ships. You can see the green area (mini-putt) inside the jogging track on the Imagination (ship on the right).

http://maps.google.com/?ll=25.775953,-80.167011&spn=0.00457,0.007457&t=k

The Elation class ships (sorry don't know the true class name), how many outdorr pools do they have? Also on the top deck where the was a big space for shuffleboard near the front end of the ship, is it still for shuffleboard or is it something else now?

This is a great website that shows all the things The Elation has to offer, you can also select other ships but I have the link to the Elation here for ya.

http://cruising.org/CruiseLines/displayship.cfm~recordID~80.cfm

Archived