Joy Aft Suite Vibration

RosieRoo

Not sure when you're sailing but I'll be on Joy in an aft suite in two weeks so I can come back and let you know. I only started reading about the vibration issues after I called in to upgrade from a forward suite and now there's no turning back now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dandelpino said:

Not sure when you're sailing but I'll be on Joy in an aft suite in two weeks so I can come back and let you know. I only started reading about the vibration issues after I called in to upgrade from a forward suite and now there's no turning back now.

Thanks - interested in reading your experience.  We don’t sail until July, but want to get the rooms right!

6 minutes ago, dandelpino said:

We are on in another couple of weeks also. Considering upgrading my current suite to an aft now that prices have come down. I’ve been hesitating because of the comments I’ve read on here. Most were from almost a year ago so I was hoping a recent cruiser might chime in. I hope the problem has been fixed for your sake.

I was on last week, albeit not in an aft cabin.  I'd heard the same complaints you cite.

I can tell you that I felt vibrations and noises one night in Cagney's (8 Aft.)  Other nights, whether in Cagney's, Le Bistro, or A List Bar, I didn't notice anything.  Someone said it might be a function of the speed of the ship.  If it's sauntering along, it's fine.  If it's going relatively quickly, these issues surface.  So I suspect they've mitigated the issues to some extent, though perhaps not completely.

I was a participant in the prior Joy aft threads since we also were looking to upgrade ourselves to an Aft cabin for our February 2022 sailing.     We decided not to take the chance and upgraded to another Haven cabin.  However, as early risers, the first morning around 4:00 a.m. we took an early morning walk and checked out the aft situation and clearly felt and heard the vibration.  This was in February and I have not read any recent updates.   Hopefully, someone will have more recent information. 

Hello everyone, DH and I stayed in an AFT balcony suite this past January. Yes there were vibrations and noise until we got close to Roatan. I had previously read where someone had stated the vibrations and noise was due to high speed. I'm thinking that may be true. I believe we left on a Saturday evening, we had vibrations and noise Saturday evening, and all day Sunday. When we had gotten up on Monday morning it had stopped. Of course Monday Morning when we got up, we were really close to Roatan. After Roatan there was no more of the vibrations and noise. 

A couple of things I did. In the bedroom doorway to the bath room was a vent which rattled alot. I threw my make up bag on it. That helped. In the living room a towel was put under the plant. (it rattled against the glass table). I put something infront of the closest door to keep it somewhat still. It would crack open and a light would come one.

At any rate, the noise and vibrations lasted appx 36 to 40 hours. When it stopped we thoroughly enjoyed the Aft facing balcony suite.