COVID Claim

bobjoek

Too often we do not hear about a positive experience with COVID and HAL.  I tested positive in June near the end of a HAL cruise in Europe.  My wife tested negative.  The ship’s personnel were very supportive.  As my positive test occurred next to the last day of the cruise, I needed to quarantine for at least 4 days after leaving the ship.  HAL arranged a limo to transport my wife and me from Amsterdam to their COVID hotel in Rotterdam.  The hotel was very supportive.  The arrangement was I had to pay for the hotel stay, meals, etc., and then file a claim with HAL.  I filed the claim (over $1,000) and waited, and waited.  No response from HAL for over four months, so I figured this was a lost cause.  Yesterday I received an email from HAL that they are paying our claim in full.  We are happy campers.  Thanks HAL.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, bobjoek said:

Too often we do not hear about a positive experience with COVID and HAL.  I tested positive in June near the end of a HAL cruise in Europe.  My wife tested negative.  The ship’s personnel were very supportive.  As my positive test occurred next to the last day of the cruise, I needed to quarantine for at least 4 days after leaving the ship.  HAL arranged a limo to transport my wife and me from Amsterdam to their COVID hotel in Rotterdam.  The hotel was very supportive.  The arrangement was I had to pay for the hotel stay, meals, etc., and then file a claim with HAL.  I filed the claim (over $1,000) and waited, and waited.  No response from HAL for over four months, so I figured this was a lost cause.  Yesterday I received an email from HAL that they are paying our claim in full.  We are happy campers.  Thanks HAL.

We had basically the same thing happen in Vancouver and drove home May 2.  Submitted receipts $1700 to HAL mid May. Email Aug 2 said approved and check will arrive in 6-8 weeks. As of today, no check and it’s now Oct 30. They give me stories, like wait longer, no check request sent yet to 3rd part, etc. I’m sure I’ll get it, but sure a slow process. 

15 hours ago, bobjoek said:

We too had a similar experience.  Did you file your claim with HAL directly or with their insurance (AON)?  I filed the expenses for quarantine hotel and meals with HAL insurance beginning of August.  Since it’s only been three months guess I have to wait another month or two.  We were quarantined in our cabin for the last part of the cruise and paperwork given to me said we could make a prorated claim of the cruise fare for missed days of cruise.  I guess this would be with HAL directly and not AON insurance.  Has anybody done that?

We had to quarantine in Anchorage while on our HAL land tour before our cruise. AON took care of our cruise/land fare and $500 for our quarantine hotel. We filed with HAL after receiving our refund from AON for the rest of our hotel, meals, and our pre-paid excursions (which they should have refunded quickly after we were quarantined). It has been two months since we filed and they said it would take only 6 to 8 weeks. I will be on the phone this week trying to get them to process this. We already had to wait for AON, so HAL should process our reimbursements quite easily. We are beginning to think that HAL may be a cruise line we no longer want to do business with. They want their money 90 days in advance, and it has been a lot more than 90 days AFTER our cancelled cruise.