TA Cabin Availability

Tedferg

5 hours ago, travelin.sisters said:

I booked a cruise this summer & my TA (& the Princess rep she was on the line with) could not see the rooms that I had picked out (I could still see them)...it was so strange

Not strange at all if you select a cabin - even if you don’t complete a reservation.  

When you are on the Princess site and select a cabin (R-210; for example) and move to the next screen, you have placed a temp hold on that cabin.  Even if you do not book or reserve using the site, the moment you select R-210; and move to see pricing or see what’s next, R210 will disappear from available inventory.  I blocked myself once overnight and almost lost a specific cabin at a TA group rate (which was better than the Princess site rate).  That cabin was available again the next morning as I had not reserved using the Princess site. 

You are “holding a cabin” for a short time every time you select one while playing with the web site. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Coral said:

The problem is that Princess doesn't allow agents to post discounted prices - thus you have to ask for a quote. Honestly - I prefer agents who discount because the price is off the cost up front. You don't have to wait for a bonus store card.

Got it, thanks. Funny thing, I followed a couple of links from CC mail and the links went to different TA's then one TA went straight to Princess. One of the links was a call for quote and did not show the E411 cabin I have referred to earlier.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Got it, thanks. Funny thing, I followed a couple of links from CC mail and the links went to different TA's then one TA went straight to Princess. One of the links was a call for quote and did not show the E411 cabin I have referred to earlier.

If the cabin is available - the TA can get it. Not all sites show all available cabins but travel agents can input the data in to see if it is available. 

I would ask for recommendations for agents on your next trip.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1