Eurodam cabin choice - sideways?

hokie_fan

Now that my final payment is coming due for the Feb 5 Panama cruise, I am getting a little worried about my cabin choice.  A family member chose cabin 4166 for the large deck, so I chose 4162, one of the odd shaped cabins with the entrance on the long side of the cabin. I have heard some of these cabins are super small.  Anyone familiar with these particular ones. Some others in our group chose 4156 and 4150.  I guess I am all set but would like to be mentally prepared.

Thanks!

image.png.b871ef2d3e9b7ea7c90cad919a656a85.png

We've been in a "sideways" cabin twice and they are smaller than the standard inside cabin. Washroom and closet space is the same but not much room otherwise, didn't bother us at all as all we do is sleep and shower and watch some TV in the cabin. Now the inside cabins on the newer Pinnacle class ships are a joke, except for the shower everything else was miniscule including closet space. The nightstands are ridiculously small and cheap, Walmart wouldn't bother selling them.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, hokie_fan said:

Now that my final payment is coming due for the Feb 5 Panama cruise, I am getting a little worried about my cabin choice.  A family member chose cabin 4166 for the large deck, so I chose 4162, one of the odd shaped cabins with the entrance on the long side of the cabin. I have heard some of these cabins are super small.  Anyone familiar with these particular ones. Some others in our group chose 4156 and 4150.  I guess I am all set but would like to be mentally prepared.

Thanks!

Here is 4102 (a sideways cabin at the front of the ship) on Eurodam's sister Nieuw Amsterdam:

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/4012-nieuw-amsterdam/

It looks like they had both a chair with a back and the back-less storage stool.

Here is 5168 on the N.Amsterdam. This cabin is in the same position as yours up a deck.

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/5168-nieuw-amsterdam/

I see only the chair, no second seat.

Here are two Eurodam sideways cabins on Deck 6:

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/6016-eurodam/

https://halfacts.com/signature-class/6028-eurodam/

One has the stool, one a chair. 

These are not the smallest inside cabins ever, but not the largest. I think being near your family is probably most important! Maybe the family in 4166 will let you visit their double-size balcony some times!

• Like 1

Great googling skills.  I didn't think to look on the sister ship or other decks.  We can certainly manage and may like the closet location so it is easy to enter and exit when someone is changing.  The reason we chose these was to be close to the cabin with the large balcony that my sister reserved. Ultimately though we spend a lot of time rambling around the ship. 

I peeked in an inside cabin on the Nieuw Statendam and they are tight!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, hokie_fan said:

Great googling skills.  I didn't think to look on the sister ship or other decks. 

Always check out Halfacts.com for stateroom photos.  If you don't see the stateroom you are looking for, the sister ship may have a photo.

7 hours ago, hokie_fan said:

Great googling skills.  I didn't think to look on the sister ship or other decks. 

I keep a browser window open just for cruises/cruise-critic, with tabs for CruiseDeckPlans.com and halfacts always there, as well as HollandAmerica and my current roll calls, and a calendar app!