Looking at booking a Antarctic voyage in dec/jan 2023/4.

GICNJC

We have been Oceania cruisers for a decade but want to check off the last continent on my check list.  Not a sail by but an actual landing.

I notice not much current information on Atlas on the CC boards.  Their current advertising shows costs about half of their competitors.  I realize they are relatively new cruise line.

If you have been on the World Traveler, I welcome your comments.

2 hours ago, GICNJC said:

If you have been on the World Traveler, I welcome your comments.

No one has sailed the World Traveller; its first sailing is later this month in Antarctica along with its sibling ship the World Navigator.  I have booked the World Navigator 11-day Antarctic sailing Jan 30, 2023. I am hopeful. The reviews I have found focused all their issues on land side issues not the sailing experiences.  In addition, they are attempting to address their land side issues with as most of the top-level management starting since their new CEO came on a couple of months ago.  He had been at Oceania and other new names came from there as well. (I am looking forward to my first Oceania cruise in May on what has become the inaugural sailing of the Vista.)

Their current sale on 22/23 Antarctic sailings has been successful, and I have seen posts confirming strong bookings of hopeful people.  Hope we will see reviews to start showing up later in December and January.

I have reviewed lots of reports and videos about other providers and see Atlas offering many things that other higher end lines offer, but with a positive of carrying under 200 passengers opening more opportunities to get out.  I was just reading review of a Viking sailing last March and they were only getting off once a day weather permitting because needing to cover more groups because of the 100-person limit on shore.

The BOGO sale was good enough that when that extended the sale, they raised pricing, my cabin went up $3200.

I too will be watching for any comment on a recent / upcoming experience on either ship. Like @kayakcove we have an Antarctic cruise booked (late Feb) and so hoping for a few posts to get an idea of how they are doing, what to expect / prepare for as we plan our trip. I realize Atlas launched a new line in pandemic times and has recently hired a new CEO and senior management with a lot of building to do. Land side operations still might be a little shaky but hoping ship board the crew will shine.

And same as @GICNJC, we have sailed with Oceania a number of times and I hope kayakcove you will enjoy your first cruise with them as well. Over the years we've had a few minor issues with O but on the ship the experience has mostly been great. We are easy to please and know that nothing will be perfect in every detail and the overall experience will be what we make of it (baring a disaster of course)

CC has been generally quieter (some of that is a good thing) and this newish board is very quiet but hoping as cruises start rolling out we will have some posts on recent experiences.