NCL Airfare Promo

smokeykat

If you can get a great price, it might be good…we used it for the first time in April when we did a Haven sailing on the Getaway. Short flight from New England to NYC, and they booked us for 6:30 AM the day of our sailing.  We landed at LaGuardia (which was still under renovation) at about 7:30 AM. We, unfortunately did NCL transportation to port as well (not again!). We stood at LaGuardia (with no seating or food outside the security areas at the time) until about 12:30. By the time we got to the pier it was a mess. With the return flight, I had called the airline and a nice lady upgraded us. This, evidently did something to our reservation because I couldn’t access it when I checked at 6:30 the morning of our return flight.  Fortunately, I called and a very nice man said that this can happen with the NCL flights when upgrading is tried (something about the way they book) and he was able to fix it.  We’ll be doing our own transportation (Amtrak being our first choice!) from here on in!

2 hours ago, cooncat_mom said:

If you can get a great price, it might be good…we used it for the first time in April when we did a Haven sailing on the Getaway. Short flight from New England to NYC, and they booked us for 6:30 AM the day of our sailing.  We landed at LaGuardia (which was still under renovation) at about 7:30 AM. We, unfortunately did NCL transportation to port as well (not again!). We stood at LaGuardia (with no seating or food outside the security areas at the time) until about 12:30. By the time we got to the pier it was a mess. With the return flight, I had called the airline and a nice lady upgraded us. This, evidently did something to our reservation because I couldn’t access it when I checked at 6:30 the morning of our return flight.  Fortunately, I called and a very nice man said that this can happen with the NCL flights when upgrading is tried (something about the way they book) and he was able to fix it.  We’ll be doing our own transportation (Amtrak being our first choice!) from here on in!

Yikes. Sounds like you could have saved time by taking the Flixbus. 

Do you think it's any better from the cruise to the airport after the cruise?

1 hour ago, zzdoug said:

Yikes. Sounds like you could have saved time by taking the Flixbus. 

Do you think it's any better from the cruise to the airport after the cruise?

Once the return tickets were straightened out (I would just not upgrade seating - should be fine then ), it was a breeze.  They had nice air conditioned tour busses to take us to LaGuardia.  Our flight was at 5 PM so it was a 4 1/2 hour wait, but that was fine. (The shuttle TO the pier was a small shuttle bus with bad shocks that took an odd route with tons of potholes. As an ex-NY’er it wasn’t the route I would have taken to the pier!)