Bermuda Travel Authorization Form (and $40 fee) gone effective Nov 13

DCGuy64

22 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

As I've posted elsewhere, I just received a promised call back from a supervisor at the Bermuda Hotline.  He confirmed that folks on our Nov. 12 sailing of the Joy, and those of you on the Nov. 19 sailing who have already paid for the TAs, will be receiving refunds.  He said they have to be processed manually, and it could take a month. 

Glad to see this. I saw your other post on the Bermuda forum and it sounded like you didn't think you'd be getting your money back, but I'm glad to see you are! (Even if it does take a month)

11 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Glad to see this. I saw your other post on the Bermuda forum and it sounded like you didn't think you'd be getting your money back, but I'm glad to see you are! (Even if it does take a month)

Thanks.  What I'm happiest about is that the supervisor in Bermuda confirmed that no one will need to show TAs at the pier this Saturday -- we'll be embarking on the NCL Joy.  Hopefully, NCL and the workers at the pier will be able to pivot to that this week; it will remove one hurdle for the check-in.  🙂 

• Like 2

After emailing everyone this morning who is embarking on the NCL Joy this Saturday, Nov. 12, to remind us (yet again) that we need to have a Bermuda TA (which is now incorrect!), NCL has finally changed its web site to state this for Bermuda requirements: 

"FOR ALL SAILINGS VISITING BERMUDA ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 13, 2022" . . .

[chart then follows with the TA requirement for those visiting on or before Nov. 13] 

And then the web page goes on to state: 

"FOR ALL SAILINGS VISITING BERMUDA ON OR AFTER NOVEMBER 14, 2022

• Nothing required"

https://www.ncl.com/travel-requirements-by-country

Since the Joy's Nov. 12 sailing does not visit Bermuda until Nov. 15,  no TA is required.  I hope NCL emails everyone on the cruise to tell them this and, most important, that it makes sure the folks at the pier know not to require guests to show the TA.  This would eliminate one of the lines before check-in and should help expedite that whole process. 

Edited by Turtles06