Your Lucky Day or Relax Day Tours

Boatingmom

We just used Your Lucky Tour and it was great! Eduardo was very accommodating (we were celebrating my 80 year old mom’s birthday) and knowledgeable. We did the Bri Bri chocolate tour and went to the national park. It was a lovely day!

• 1 month later...

Relax Day Tours - Around Limon Excursion (December 2022)

Best excursion we did in the Caribbean (and we have cruised a lot). Fun and informative. My husband thought he would be bored but he loved it too.. Gianni (??) our driver was able to spot sloths and other wildlife as he was driving and we would stop to take a look. Carlos, our boat driver, would pull the boat to the side for us to see monkeys, sloths, caymans, lizards, beautiful birds. The best part of the trip was Federico, our guide. He was so enthusiastic and engaging. He spoke about the wildlife, the country, the town, local plants, and so much more.

The tour included a tour of the city, Tortuguero Canals boat ride (our favorite part), panoramic viewpoint where we were able to grab a local beer, banana plantation where we learned a lot about bananas and other local plants, visit to a fruit stand to try the bananas and other local fruit and a stop at the beach.  We only had 10 minutes at the beach so don’t expect to swim - go on a different tour if you want beach time. We did not visit the supermarket because our guide said it would be very crowded during holiday season. We didn’t take this tour to shop anyway.

The tour was about 4 ½ hours. We got a late start because some people arrived 40 minutes after we did. Don’t be that person … PLEASE.  Some were just slow but one couple got lost. The email instructions are very clear – just follow them and you can’t miss it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 9:33 AM, CruisingAgain said:

Relax Day Tours - Around Limon Excursion (December 2022)

Best excursion we did in the Caribbean (and we have cruised a lot). Fun and informative. My husband thought he would be bored but he loved it too.. Gianni (??) our driver was able to spot sloths and other wildlife as he was driving and we would stop to take a look. Carlos, our boat driver, would pull the boat to the side for us to see monkeys, sloths, caymans, lizards, beautiful birds. The best part of the trip was Federico, our guide. He was so enthusiastic and engaging. He spoke about the wildlife, the country, the town, local plants, and so much more.

The tour included a tour of the city, Tortuguero Canals boat ride (our favorite part), panoramic viewpoint where we were able to grab a local beer, banana plantation where we learned a lot about bananas and other local plants, visit to a fruit stand to try the bananas and other local fruit and a stop at the beach.  We only had 10 minutes at the beach so don’t expect to swim - go on a different tour if you want beach time. We did not visit the supermarket because our guide said it would be very crowded during holiday season. We didn’t take this tour to shop anyway.

The tour was about 4 ½ hours. We got a late start because some people arrived 40 minutes after we did. Don’t be that person … PLEASE.  Some were just slow but one couple got lost. The email instructions are very clear – just follow them and you can’t miss it.

Thanks so much for your review! Sounds like a great excursion!

We will be stopping in Puerto Limon in February 2023.

Can I ask how you booked the excursion? Did you go through Tripadvisor or book directly through the Relax Day site? Also, how many people were in your group including the other patrons not in your personal group?

On 1/1/2023 at 1:50 PM, PapaGoose said:

Thanks so much for your review! Sounds like a great excursion!

We will be stopping in Puerto Limon in February 2023.

Can I ask how you booked the excursion? Did you go through Tripadvisor or book directly through the Relax Day site? Also, how many people were in your group including the other patrons not in your personal group?

i booked directly on Relaxed Day site.  Quick response from Federico with the instructions.

There were 2 of us. And 5 or 6 other couples. 

20 hours ago, CruisingAgain said:

i booked directly on Relaxed Day site.  Quick response from Federico with the instructions.

There were 2 of us. And 5 or 6 other couples. 

Thanks for the reply! I actually booked through Trip Advisor earlier today and I got a message from Federico through them. We are really looking forward to the excursion! Stay well!

• 7 months later...
On 1/3/2023 at 5:39 PM, PapaGoose said:

Thanks for the reply! I actually booked through Trip Advisor earlier today and I got a message from Federico through them. We are really looking forward to the excursion! Stay well!

So, how was it? Looking for an excursion in Costa Rica. Doing my homework. Lol

1 hour ago, Haylersmom said:

So, how was it? Looking for an excursion in Costa Rica. Doing my homework. Lol

It was a good excursion. Our guide was originally from Switzerland and had transplanted to Costa Rica and was raising her family there. She spoke 4 or 5 languages fluently and she had an in depth knowledge of our assorted destinations. The assortment of animals that we saw was impressive and we enjoyed a stop at a local market. They got us back in time to purchase some more coffee near the ship. The prices were comparable to the market they took us to during the excursion. Bring a camera,

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

We just used Your Lucky Tours at the end of December and were very happy with Eduardo and the things we saw.  We did the Tortuguero Canal & Cahuita National Park Tour.  Good tour for all ages but I would suggest being mobile since the canals require you to get into a boat and in the national park you walk along an unpaved path.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our group of 9 ladies had a fabulous, entertaining, educational and fun-filled day with Larry as our awesome guide and Giovanni as our awesome bus driver! All correspondence with Federico was quick, complete and professional. He was patient with all my questions and provided precise instructions with a map for meeting in the port area. The well organized tour featured the highlights of the the Limon area and included a lovely visit to a fruit stand where we were given free samples and had the opportunity to purchase local produce, food, drinks, and coffee to take home for souvenirs. We also walked through a lovely banana plantation, saw monkeys, sloths and a wide variety of birds on the Tortuguero Canal. Our boat driver and Larry were great at spotting wildlife and maneuvered the boat so that all could have a good view and take photos. We also enjoyed a stop at Playa Bonita where we enjoyed mojitos, margaritas and local beers. Some took a brief swim but most just walked along the lovely beach. We had frequent rest stops and several opportunities for brief souvenir shopping. It was a perfect day in lovely Limon thanks to our Guide Larry who made sure everyone was safe and had a good time. Larry was everything we like to see in a guide: informative, entertaining, attentive and well organized. And as an added bonus he was funny and he could sing! If you are wondering what you should do while in Limon, now you know! Relax Day Tours!

We took this with  Eduardo in January.  It was excellent.  We were a group of 5. We had Ed and his driver.  Excellent.  Found us a sloth on side of road and I got within  inches of it.  Very knowledgeable as he lived there all his life   Price was right too 

On 11/14/2022 at 4:27 PM, CruisingAgain said:

We are doing Relaxed Day Tour in December. If you are cruising next year I can come back and let you know how it was.  The TripAdvisor reviews look very good.

Can you give your feedback on the tour please?

Enjoyed reading everyone's reviews.  A few questions.  What is the difference between Your Lucky, and Relax Day.  Can anyone please provide the specific name (or link) for the tour they took?  Thanks.

21 hours ago, RBAlbany said:

Enjoyed reading everyone's reviews.  A few questions.  What is the difference between Your Lucky, and Relax Day.  Can anyone please provide the specific name (or link) for the tour they took?  Thanks.

They are 2 different companies, I did the tour with Your Lucky Tour, was great, info.yourluckytour@gmail.com