Refund of cash payment for pre-booked excursions

I just got a first-hand answer to a question I’d always vaguely wondered about. When I pre-booked my excursions—which included some that required extra payment—and my cooking class, I exceeded my available OBCs by $10. I subsequently received more OBCs, plus had a paid excursion canceled by the operator. Not only did the credits appear on my account (as the non refundable OBCs that they’d been to start with), but the $10 has been credited as a refundable OBC.

So, yes, you get that money back if you later have credits that cover the amount.

For anyone else who wondered.

• Like 3

Regent has made this issue much more straight-forward.  If your advance purchases for excursions or Culinary Kitchen classes exceed your non-refundable OBCs (regardless of source), the balance will be in refundable OBCs which can be cashed out on the ship or will be credited back to your credit card.

Simplest way to explain this (and how it'll appear in your on-board accounting):

Cost of excursions and Culinary Kitchen:   $xxx

Total of non-refundable OBC:                       -$yyy

• If the result is positive, it'll come out of the pre-paid amounts with the balance being refundable OBC
  • if the result is negative, you'll still have a balance of non-fundable OBC (be sure to use or lose this balance) plus the total amount of refundable OBCs (which will include all pre-paid amounts)