Nicaragua Excursion "Leon & Botanic Garden"

What was that?

My DW wants to do this one but is put off by the part of the description that says "As you walk the 2.5-mile trail through the garden...". My question is: does the garden tour involve walking the entire 2.5 miles? Are there places to stop and rest our legs, or possible shortcuts?

We will be sailing on the Zaandam 5 Jan 2023 from Fort Lauderdale - in the same cabin on the same ship that we took our first HAL cruise. That was for our 35th anniversary in 2002, and my mother booked the same cruise. Yes, it was wonderful to have her along.

Can't offer any info on that tour but you may want to double check with HAL about your Nicaragua stop.  Most cruise lines are now bypassing Nicaragua because of their continued support of Russia.  We were scheduled to stop there on a X-Mas Panama Canal cruise and Nicaragua port has now been cancelled.  I realize it's another cruise lines, but most lines are doing the same.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, What was that? said:

My DW wants to do this one but is put off by the part of the description that says "As you walk the 2.5-mile trail through the garden...". My question is: does the garden tour involve walking the entire 2.5 miles? Are there places to stop and rest our legs, or possible shortcuts?

We will be sailing on the Zaandam 5 Jan 2023 from Fort Lauderdale - in the same cabin on the same ship that we took our first HAL cruise. That was for our 35th anniversary in 2002, and my mother booked the same cruise. Yes, it was wonderful to have her along.

We have a roll call going.  Not a lot of activity but there has definitely been mention of Nicaragua and whether we'll actually stop there.  

• Thanks 1