Carnival Venezia 29 Sep-14 Oct 2023

JOHN 57

22 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

Last time, we were in Barbadoes  we had flying fish for lunch,   center picture is what we had.

dsc_0010.jpg

BajanFlyingFishNChips.webp

R.jpg

How do they catch flying fish?   Do they use a big butterfly net, or maybe shoot them with bird shot like duck hunting?

duck-blind-building-thumb.jpg.5c9e880ce90ec53c23dfb18dd217c435.jpg

Come here fish!

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Haha 3

Did anyone notice that the countdown timer in your Carnival online planner counts down to 8:00 PM, even though we depart at 4:00PM?  My online timer shows 4 hours later than the Hub app, which works out to the correct time.  It looks they use the 8:00 local time for all my cruises and adjust it for time zones, weather it's from the East coast, Galveston, West coast or London.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Did anyone notice that the countdown timer in your Carnival online planner counts down to 8:00 PM, even though we depart at 4:00PM?  My online timer shows 4 hours later than the Hub app, which works out to the correct time.  It looks they use the 8:00 local time for all my cruises and adjust it for time zones, weather it's from the East coast, Galveston, West coast or London.

No. 😁

Hi All:

My sister and I will be joining you all on board. It’s my sister’s first cruise and I’ll be getting my platinum status with this trip, so more than a few trips under my belt.

🛳️ ☀️ 🏝️ 

looking forward to connecting with everyone.

Does anyone know whether they have reintroduced the Meet and Greet (or whatever it was called pre-Covid)? I used to enjoy connecting with everyone on the roll call and a chance to connect with the crew.

John: I haven’t tried Menu Mate before - I sailed in February and I’ve never seen or encountered it before. We just always relied on the Hub app to peruse the menus.

also, I’m super happy that your doc gave you the green light to sail John! It’s clear that you’ve been looking forward to the sailing a lot. 😀

Leona (me) and Marie (sister)

Vancouver Island, BC, Canada 🇨🇦 

12 hours ago, JOHN 57 said:

Looked it up - sounds like it will be available at the front of the main dining room where you go to be seated:

“allergies. Easily operated on touch-screen tablets at food venues, the Menu Mate food ingredient program is powered by award-winning CertiStar software to mitigate the risks of allergic reactions.”

should be quite helpful for anyone with food allowed or sensitivities.

On 9/15/2023 at 5:05 PM, JOHN 57 said:

update

arrival and where staying

1.John57, 1024 on 28 september, at Tryp by windham, in New Yark

2Destiny, 28 september, staying at Home 2 suites, New Jersey

Boarding time

1.John57 1230

2.Destiny 1230

We’re flying into Newark in early morning on the 29th, so will have plenty of time to purchase our wine for carry on before heading to the terminal 🍷

On 9/12/2023 at 6:57 PM, retltrcrr said:

I'm 8 days short of Platinum but my check-in says the 13th anyway.  Guess I'll know if that's correct when I attempt it in the morning.  I'm flying out of here Friday and as usual have left a ton of things to do before then.  I managed to give the shrubs a haircut today so there's one thing off my list.  Stacks of clothes are laid out but no suitcase yet.  Why am I still the wait till the last minute kind of gal?  Old dog, new trick?

I turn platinum on this cruise (currently 5 days shy) but was told when I booked that I’d receive my platinum cruise card, pin and perks on this sailing. I finished my check in today and printed my documents and lo and behold it shows me as platinum. Yahoo, I finally can go in the short check in line!!

• Like 1

good morning and welcome snorkellingGal, this makes a total of 21.  Cruise menu, went back and looked it up.  It is not offereed on our ship.  So you have to go to staff in maindining room.

Our meet and greet is Saturday on 30 September inHeroes lounge. at 1100.

again welcome aboard, yes I am excited about this cruise. I am almost platinum.  have to complete this cruise, total of 17 to go.

• Like 1

good morning to one and all. we will have 5 more days to go.  That means120 hours.  Our ship is headed back to New York and pick up last load for Saturday 23 September.  We are getting closer to our cruise date injust 5 more days to go.\

Our ship is at sea, 62 temperature, moderate breeze, at 14 knots.

download.png