AmEx Cruise Privileges + C&A Discount Combo?

cheyhaley

Does anyone know if it’s possible to combine the AmEx Cruise Privileges program with the crown and anchor balcony discounts and go through a private TA?  
AMEX travel website, and my TA are currently both quoting me higher than if I book direct through Royal and my TA hasn’t been very helpful in the past. Wondering if I should look for a new TA who can participate in AmEx program or if the two programs (C&A discount) can’t be applied together.

I was able to combine the Amex and Diamond discounts on a recent cruise. You don't have to book directly through Amex but I believe that your travel agent does need to call them. Some TAs may not be interested in the extra work

The Amex CPP is not combinable with a number of different fares including groups with Royal. It has always been combinable with the CAS Balcony discount; however, if you're taking that discount within a group, then it's not combinable. You should not be finding a lower price directly with Royal versus either Amex travel or a local TA if you're comparing apples to apples - both NRD vs refundable, both using the same criteria when searching for best price, quoting with your CAS number as opposed to just quoting it without that. 

Edited by DD