Olife - "O" for Offensive Air Arrangements

lawyertx

We elected to take the business class air option on an upcoming Oceania cruise.  When we received the air itinerary, we saw that it is not non-stop.  While not ideal, 

we can handle a plane change if necessary.  But, the layover is 9.5 hours.  Nine and one-half hours at an airport between flights.  Arrangements scheduled by Oceania. There are any number of available (better) alternatives.   Never again.  Already a really bad taste in my mouth for Oceania, and still more than two weeks before the cruise.  

• 1 month later...

I've never had a good flight schedule when I've let the cruise line schedule air. I don't like arriving day of teh cruise (too many things can go wrong - delays, cancellations and lost luggage). Plus my first priority is not "price" but "value" (cost plus wear and tear on the body).

Yikes, that's quite the layover! We had planned to upgrade to Business Class for our upcoming cruise but the delta between the included Economy fare and Business was actually higher than a separately purchased Business class ticket, so we got an air credit and bought the tickets ourselves. We only have about a 1 1/2 hour layover on the way to Japan.

On 11/20/2022 at 3:20 PM, lawyertx said:

We elected to take the business class air option on an upcoming Oceania cruise.  When we received the air itinerary, we saw that it is not non-stop.  While not ideal, 

we can handle a plane change if necessary.  But, the layover is 9.5 hours.  Nine and one-half hours at an airport between flights.  Arrangements scheduled by Oceania. There are any number of available (better) alternatives.   Never again.  Already a really bad taste in my mouth for Oceania, and still more than two weeks before the cruise.  

Don<t worry. Some passenger (wo got the free air package) who just did the Hawaii-Polynésia 12 days cruises did worst. NCL flew them from Montréal to Paris - then Paris to LAX - then LAX to Polynesia. Close to 28 hours. It's all done automatically with the cheapest flights available.

• 3 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 3:20 PM, lawyertx said:

We were just offered a flight with a 9 hour layover in Frankfurt. I was livid because there are flight every 2 hours and there was a non-stop available.
Also, to fly in a day earlier (to avoid stress) we were told we had to play the change fee pp. I will never use Oceania  flights again.

Patricia O’Reilly