Just back from PRIMA - Thoughts & Pictures

eroller

We were on her for the 11 day repo cruise from Galveston to Miami.   Thought that NCL has a winner on her hands for the most part.   Assumed that the ship would be a game changer so we had booked a B2B for February/March before she leaves FLA.  With the third ship in the class now pushed back till 2025, it'll probably be a few years till we sail on that class again.   The vibe area is fantastic. 

The only major negative was the fact that the buffet closed too early for breakfast, 900 on port days and 930 on sea days.   Most ships breakfast buffets go till 1100 or later.  Hopefully that will be adjusted if people complain.   The Indulge Food Hall was nice and was better as the day went on.  Breakfast was grab n go, lunch was just OK and dinner had some real nice choices.   Hudson's was one of the most beautiful MDR's I've had the pleasure to eat in and the lunch choices on embarkation and sea days was really good.

The Improv and Syd's could be larger because seating was at a premium.   The comedy shows were sold out within an hour of embarkation, so you had to use the stand by system in person or online to obtain seats.   The Rumours show at Syd's was top notch.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2022 at 2:32 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

We were on her for the 11 day repo cruise from Galveston to Miami.   Thought that NCL has a winner on her hands for the most part.   Assumed that the ship would be a game changer so we had booked a B2B for February/March before she leaves FLA.  With the third ship in the class now pushed back till 2025, it'll probably be a few years till we sail on that class again.   The vibe area is fantastic. 

The only major negative was the fact that the buffet closed too early for breakfast, 900 on port days and 930 on sea days.   Most ships breakfast buffets go till 1100 or later.  Hopefully that will be adjusted if people complain.   The Indulge Food Hall was nice and was better as the day went on.  Breakfast was grab n go, lunch was just OK and dinner had some real nice choices.   Hudson's was one of the most beautiful MDR's I've had the pleasure to eat in and the lunch choices on embarkation and sea days was really good.

The Improv and Syd's could be larger because seating was at a premium.   The comedy shows were sold out within an hour of embarkation, so you had to use the stand by system in person or online to obtain seats.   The Rumours show at Syd's was top notch.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I agree the buffet is small and it will be interesting how that plays out on subsequent ships of this class.  There is the Indulge Food Hall but some people still want the traditional buffet. 

Hudson's is definitely one of the most beautiful MDR's I've dined in.  They outdid themselves with this space. 

The secondary lounge spaces (Syds/Improv) are small for sure.  By design I suppose as the ship is trying to be more boutique-ish, but at the end of the day it's still a mega-ship and needs some large spaces.  I'm sure certain design aspects will evolve with each ship in the class. 

• 4 weeks later...