What should I DO???

sensdncr86

OK, the OP has friends paying $900 for inside lower deck rooms and I've never even paid that for a balcony!!! I've never paid more than $799 for a week cruise balcony.

It is prime cruise time because of summer vacation.

I can see current rates that are in the neighborhood of what she has for her guests. Yes, a 4A with all port charges and taxes is $923. I guess you have never sailed in them iddle of the summer.

I got my Boss out of her "group" reservations and saved her party a bundle of $$$$. We're talking $1099 pp down to $529 just by booking individually. Good Luck and please tell us how this turns out for you.

OMG! I'm so feeling taken advantage of!

pholter??? Help me please!!!!!

It is prime cruise time because of summer vacation.

I can see current rates that are in the neighborhood of what she has for her guests. Yes, a 4A with all port charges and taxes is $923. I guess you have never sailed in them iddle of the summer.

You're very right jcanino.... I do not cruise during the summer- most of my cruises are Sept/Oct when the kids are back in school. I can see how the prices would be higher. I definitely know that I'll never be cruising during this time though cuz the difference in price pays for all my drinks! :)

OMG! I'm so feeling taken advantage of!

pholter??? Help me please!!!!!

Are you part of a group? Have you checked your prices as of today booking individually? I'm not knocking groups at all cuz there are perks you get if the cocktail party or lanyards are important to you. I'm no expert, but I have gotten pretty lucky for myself and some friends in the past.

Are you part of a group? Have you checked your prices as of today booking individually? I'm not knocking groups at all cuz there are perks you get if the cocktail party or lanyards are important to you. I'm no expert, but I have gotten pretty lucky for myself and some friends in the past.

Yes, we are a part of a group through some people that my husband works with. There are about 100 people going. Of that 100 only 6 are his co-workers.

I have asked the TA a couple of times if the price is lowered will she get that price for us. She always told me yes. My son & his DW are going along too. Where they went in last week to pay on the cruise, his DW asked her the same question. She stated yes, but it almost never happens. I keep reading of people getting lowered prices or upgrades here. Now I see the prices on theis thread that some are paying & I'm wondering if I've over-payed. I have not payed in full yet and I'm kinda at a loss of what to do. My cruise is on the Liberty Jan. 6 thru 13th of 2007. I have no clue what type of perks this group is getting. Should I call the TA & ask?

Yes, we are a part of a group through some people that my husband works with. There are about 100 people going. Of that 100 only 6 are his co-workers.

I have asked the TA a couple of times if the price is lowered will she get that price for us. She always told me yes. My son & his DW are going along too. Where they went in last week to pay on the cruise, his DW asked her the same question. She stated yes, but it almost never happens. I keep reading of people getting lowered prices or upgrades here. Now I see the prices on theis thread that some are paying & I'm wondering if I've over-payed. I have not payed in full yet and I'm kinda at a loss of what to do. My cruise is on the Liberty Jan. 6 thru 13th of 2007. I have no clue what type of perks this group is getting. Should I call the TA & ask?

I'd check Carnival's website and call a PVP today since it's their 1 day sale to find out just how much you can book your same type of cabin for. Then, I'd call the TA and ask her/him to match it if it's different and find out what perks have been included for your group. You might actually have some decent shipboard credits, etc. that will almost make up the difference and you'd spend that money anyway. It never hurts to educate yourself and you might just save a bunch of money in the process. These boards have helped me tremendously! Best of luck to you.

I'd check Carnival's website and call a PVP today since it's their 1 day sale to find out just how much you can book your same type of cabin for. Then, I'd call the TA and ask her/him to match it if it's different and find out what perks have been included for your group. You might actually have some decent shipboard credits, etc. that will almost make up the difference and you'd spend that money anyway. It never hurts to educate yourself and you might just save a bunch of money in the process. These boards have helped me tremendously! Best of luck to you.

Thanks! This board has been a great help. I only wish I'd found it BEFORE booking the cruise!

You're very right jcanino.... I do not cruise during the summer- most of my cruises are Sept/Oct when the kids are back in school. I can see how the prices would be higher. I definitely know that I'll never be cruising during this time though cuz the difference in price pays for all my drinks! :)

THAT and its HOT! Sometimes it pays to be older and without having to worry about SUMMER vacation. OH I LOVE IT. I'll only be taking vacations during spring and fall the REST OF MY LIFE!

The One Day Sale is actually Thursday, not today as I posted previously. I got my email today about it- FYI...

Yep I got the email too but didn't bother looking at the date...lol

The PVP I got on the phone told me it didn't start until Thursday...(I'm thinking to myself that this lady doesn't know squat, I heard it on CC..it MUST be correct!...lol) She quoted me a higher price than I'm paying now. She said she didn't know what ships would be included in the sale but she did tell me that it will be quite a few groups at the same time and might not include this ship since it seems to be a popular sailing date for this ship.) I finally read the email flyer & in tiny-little-itty-bitty print it says that this sale is only good on cruises before 12-?-06

I called my TA & asked about the "perks". She told me that a meeting was scheduled with the head of our group sometime in April to discuss "perks" Do you think that is strange? I'm so clueless about this but its a lesson learned... from this point on...I WILL NEVER AGAIN BOOK WITH ANYONE BUT CARNIVAL!:rolleyes:

I called my TA & asked about the "perks". She told me that a meeting was scheduled with the head of our group sometime in April to discuss "perks" Do you think that is strange? I'm so clueless about this but its a lesson learned... from this point on...I WILL NEVER AGAIN BOOK WITH ANYONE BUT CARNIVAL!:rolleyes:

No, it isn't strange. The person who is organizing the group most likely knows how many points the particular sailing has. They can wait until just before final payment is due to decide what they will use the points for.

I would use caution about canceling and rebooking.

Many trip insurance policies state that certain coverages are only valid if it is the first and only booking for that trip on those dates. I would be very mad if someone canceled and rebooked me 'to help me out' and voided some of my coverages. Also, there's probably a possibility that some of your cabins would be bought by others during the process of canceling and rebooking.

The prices you stated are normal for the summer. We have kids and can only cruise in the summer at peak rates. People get balconies in the off-season for less than an inside summer price.

That's good that you're doing a 3 way call with Carnival and your TA, but I've always heard that group rates aren't lowered.

Archived