Recommendations on Checking In my Family of 8 Online

JeffSinPDX

I've got two rooms on an upcoming NCL Pride of America Hawaiian cruise. I'm now within the 21 day window to do online check-in, but find myself having a couple of quick questions, so I thought I'd ask the experts and see if they have any advice. 

I booked two rooms for my wife and I and our six family members that I'm paying for as a gift (my two adult kids and their significant others, along with our minor child and my brother-in-law). None of them are cruise people and none have an NCL account. So I've coordinated and booked everything (since most of the key stuff is our treat, it works out well for me coordinating the initial costs and couple of packages I've agreed to pay for the group. 

Here's where my questions line up. When doing online check-in, for my adult children, I can get all of their info into the NCL check-in screen, but it seems to want some type of credit card secured. And with my adult children or their significant others, I'm not going to cover their incidental costs they charge, but am fine covering a small amount of incidental costs if they end up getting charged for a Starbucks or some random small dollar item during their cruise. So my thought was just to attach a $100 pre-paid visa card that I get form the store on all of their accounts, which will at least attach a small amount of funds to their account. But then they may want to attach their own credit card for larger purchases they make (like if they decide to go on their own port excursion). But they don't have NCL accounts and won't be logging into NCL to do online check-in. But the NCL system seems to want them to log in and create an account to attach either a visa for them, or for me to add a $100 pre-paid visa card for them on their online check-in. 

Any ideas how I do check-ins for my 6 other folks in my party without them creating an NCL account or allowing me to add pre-paid visa cards to their accounts so I can get us all checked in via my one NCL account?

Thanks!

If you want ot do the online check-in for everyone, then you just have to "guarantee" for them during the online check-in process, and then have your card removed/swapped with their own cards when checking in at the pier.

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

Thanks. That's helpful. Looks like if I just put "cash" as my own payment option, then select that all 7 of my other passengers use my "cash payment type", then I'm essentially allowing all of us to register but not securing anyone to my visa card. Then they'll all have to settle up when we board the ship and get their own stuff registered at pier. Thanks.

Now if I can only figure out what this damn "UNHANDLED_EXCE"PTION" error us for every picture I try to load for my family members. Ugh. I guess I'll go look for that in the search engine next.

Thanks!

Yes, @TrumpyNoris quite correct, however, the best you can do is check the box for CASH. We have been doing this for the last several cruises as our CCs are non-USA, and for some reason The NCL online check-ins do not seem to like them. 

Once we get to the port we hand over our CCs for them to link to our onboard accounts.

1 minute ago, JeffSinPDX said:

Thanks. That's helpful. Looks like if I just put "cash" as my own payment option, then select that all 7 of my other passengers use my "cash payment type", then I'm essentially allowing all of us to register but not securing anyone to my visa card. Then they'll all have to settle up when we board the ship and get their own stuff registered at pier. Thanks.

Now if I can only figure out what this damn "UNHANDLED_EXCE"PTION" error us for every picture I try to load for my family members. Ugh. I guess I'll go look for that in the search engine next.

Thanks!

We both typed at the same time!

As for photos to upload, any photo will do as long as are "mug shot" type (like passport photo) .... read: any photo even bad/old ones. When you all get to the check-in at port they will take photos of each of you to attach to the cruise cards.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

We both typed at the same time!

As for photos to upload, any photo will do as long as are "mug shot" type (like passport photo) .... read: any photo even bad/old ones. When you all get to the check-in at port they will take photos of each of you to attach to the cruise cards.

Great. Very helpful. Thanks!