Sun Coffee and Thermal Suite

readingfast

Two questions here.

We are on the Sun's cruise to Alaska next May and have the drinks package. We both drink black coffee, nothing fancy but, we do like it to be good.  Can I get this anywhere on the ship or do we have to pay separately outside the buffet and dining rooms?

Someone mentioned that if you had, say, a Baileys coffee, it would be free because it was in the package, but you had to pay for coffee on its own.  Seems weird.

Is there a Thermal Spa on the Sun? If so, what does it consist of, and can you buy passes for it before we board?

Many thanks for any help you can give

15 minutes ago, readingfast said:

Two questions here.

We are on the Sun's cruise to Alaska next May and have the drinks package. We both drink black coffee, nothing fancy but, we do like it to be good.  Can I get this anywhere on the ship or do we have to pay separately outside the buffet and dining rooms?

Someone mentioned that if you had, say, a Baileys coffee, it would be free because it was in the package, but you had to pay for coffee on its own.  Seems weird.

Is there a Thermal Spa on the Sun? If so, what does it consist of, and can you buy passes for it before we board?

Many thanks for any help you can give

Coffee is free in the buffet.  It's free with room service between 6:30AM and 10:00AM.  I assume it is free with meals in the dining rooms, but, I also know they advertise Starbucks on the desert menus and I know Starbucks isn't free.   But you wrote "we do like it to be good".  That's subjective.  If the buffet coffee is to your liking, then it's free.  If Starbucks is to your liking, it isn't free. 

Baileys and coffee, you'd be getting the same free coffee mentioned above. But beware, Baileys and coffee would actually cost you $1.20 because NCL, being the absolute best at nickel and diming, priced Baileys at $16.  Drinks package limit is $15 so you have to pay $1 plus 20% gratuity.  The coffee part is free because basic coffee is free.  If you want that Baileys served in Starbucks coffee, then you need to pay for it.   Be careful though - if you ask for Baileys they will often use an imposter and not tell you.  Some say they don't notice the difference, I do.

2 hours ago, readingfast said:

Two questions here.

We are on the Sun's cruise to Alaska next May and have the drinks package. We both drink black coffee, nothing fancy but, we do like it to be good. 

As previously stated "we do like it to be good" is subjective.  I find the brew to be pretty weak, so for what it's worth from a coffee snob that purchases the Premium Plus plan that does *not* care for Starbucks coffee (I do like some of the blended drinks!)  I bring my own creamer when I dine for breakfast in the MDR.  This generates lots of questions from the wait staff (who knew they weren't allowed to have "milk based" products in their cabins?) which in turn led me to state that I prefer strongly brewed coffee which led the dining room manager to brew a special batch just for me from day 2 through the end of my cruise. This was on both the Bliss and the Getaway.  I do typically arrive within the first 1/2 hour the MDR is open because I'm an early bird.  YMMV 

p.s. the creamer I use is not milk based, but does not have to be refrigerated until it has been opened.

2 hours ago, readingfast said:

Yes, there is a spa, I do not believe I've been able to purchase spa passes until around the time of final payment.  Hopefully someone will chime in that knows the exact policy.  I know the cost varies by ship and length of cruise.  I am planning my first trip on the Sun in April/23 so looking forward to any responses about that exact spa experience.