Prima balcony on 9th deck. Anyone been on deck 9? Or looked at deck 9 from the Oceanwalk?

Mikiejag

If privacy is a concern for you, rooms higher up and more forward offer the most privacy. We had a corner forward facing mini suite on deck 11 (11706) while my brother had a balcony on deck 12 (12892 i think) just above the sculpture garden. We bounced between both balconies and really came to appreciate the privacy we had on our forward facing balconies. The latter half of the ship where the ship gets skinnier has almost no privacy from those on deck 8 at the pools. 

If we ever go back on Prima, we will definitely look into a room closest to the bow and on a higher deck or the same category as we had before as we do value our privacy. 

For what it's worth it's more of a problem in the aft part of the ship, because that is where all the lounge chairs/sunbeds and the infinity pools are located. I don't believe it would be a problem for cabins more forward where the sculptures are, or even further forward, where the nice ocean facing couches are. 

See Indy, we are in agreement. My cabin was on deck 11 port side (11340), overlooking the hydrate stand. It was kind of like staying at a holiday inn with a view of the pool. Same people hogging the same lounge chair, every day at the crack of dawn... Yuck.

I would get a forward balcony next time.

• Haha 1

Gonna move higher.  I have the NCL points to move up.  Not that there is a freak show going on, but I prefer not to lock eyes with anyone while on the balcony.  lol.

Right now 9748, looks to be far end of photo gallery and not quite to tech at sea. 

Above the concourse. 

Bid on a Spa balcony, but who knows when or if that will happen.

Edited by Mikiejag
add bid

Privacy aside, rooms closer to aft nearest the pools lose some of the tranquility that comes with a balcony due to noise. One of the benefits of a balcony for us is having somewhere quiet to escape throughout the day. People's conversations and laughter at or near the pool and indulge will definitely carry into those lower deck rooms. Nothing a nice set of headphones can't overcome but still not the quiet place to relax at when compared to other ships.