That Other Live: Celebration b2b

jam19872016

1 hour ago, luvcruzing said:

It has Galliano in it.  There’s almost a full bottle on the bar in my basement.  It will never get used, and I have no idea how old it is, but at least 30 years.  

I've never even heard of that but do recall the bartender pouring from a second bottle now that you mention it.

It also said frothy orange in the description? Seemed like a normal orange mix to me but that could just be carnival using cheaper ingredients. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 2:08 PM, jam19872016 said:

After I was done stalking shak I went to street eats and got some chilli cheese dog fries.

20221204_122002-X2.jpg

It was just after noon but Lido was already at capacity. I got one of the last tables at the very back by shak's whose line was not wrapped around the entire outside deck into the buffet on the far other end of the deck.

I know it's first day and all, but I certainly hope the crowds thin out some because this is insanely crowded so far.

No exaggeration, there were at least 50 people waiting for an elevator.

I wanted some Gelato for dessert but I was over the crowding so moved on.

Took care of muster then hit the gym. They tried to run me off with is something carnival started doing recently, not opening the gym on embarkation day but I pleaded my case and was allowed to stay.

Explored the ship some, made reservations for rudi's and then the rooms were ready.

All caught up except for the embarkation cluster.

Following along. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

Good morning from Emril's. 

I've been up for about two hours which is way too early for vacation but I guess I've got all the sleep I need after my 24 hours of rest the other day.

I would have been out of the room sooner but my phone wasn't even fully charged. I definitely need a new one. 

Now I've made a mad dash to emrils to get in before it closes.

• Like 4

I feel like I've made a breakthrough at emril's. I'm enjoying my time onboard, but the crew on here are the exact opposite of friendly. I've been to emril's a few times now and the crew there are warming up to me.

I wonder if they just see too many people to ever really get friendly? It's not an excuse for the cold level of service but just thinking out loud, I wonder if it's a byproduct of the large ship experience and not specific to the group working here.

Maybe a little of both? I've never experienced this on Royal's Monster of the Seas. 

• Like 4

Shrimp creole omelet.

20221214_092535-X2.jpg

Sweet potato pancakes.

20221214_093223-X2.jpg

The omelet was OK but lacked the Cajun kick I love from the other food. For the upcharge, I would not recommend. 

The pancake was devine. Pretty sure that is a waffle but whatever it is, it was delicious 😋

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

Emril's dinner.

Boduin balls 

20221213_175121-X2.jpg

Jambalaya 

20221213_175130-X2.jpg

Crepes trio

20221213_181305-X2.jpg

Fantastic meal and a great value at $21 plus gratuity. 

Not to brag or anything but I can throw down and make some good Jambalaya. lol. Fun fact. Emeril and I are from the same town in Massachusetts. Fall River to be exact.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Megan_Strick said:

Not to brag or anything but I can throw down and make some good Jambalaya. lol. Fun fact. Emeril and I are from the same town in Massachusetts. Fall River to be exact.

Let me know when will be good to come over to verify your Jambalaya claims 😅

• Haha 4