That Other Live: Celebration b2b

jam19872016

On 12/4/2022 at 1:48 PM, rtfnl said:

Hi Jam. Will you please if you can peak inside these cabins to see where the sofa (close to the door or close to the balcony) is because we are taking 2 scooters.

12398, 12414, and 12416

Thank you in advance. 

20221211_105050-X2.jpg

20221211_105039-X2.jpg

20221211_105111-X2.jpg

• Like 3

It's been two hours since I ate so I grabbed some lunch and a beverage or two.

20221211_110532-X2.jpg

I bought cheers last minute so my card is not stickered. Bartender hands me my drink unopened. That just became an at home beverage 🤪.

Grabbed a soda instead from the fountain machine. Happy to see it worked so close to an alcoholic purchase. I wasn't quick enough to fill two cups but I'm still happy it's an option.  Beats the heck out of waiting at a bar for soda.

• Like 5

Just got a another unopened drink. I've got a thermal cup carnival gifted me a while ago I planned to use to store a couple drinks but I may not need it.

I probably can't get another until I muster but I'm gonna lay down. I'm not really tired but hopefully lights off and fan on I can catch some zzzzs or I won't be worth much tonight.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, WhiteOptima said:

Reading this and Sid’s review.  We are doing B2B in April and had a dream or should I say nightmare last night that all the B2Bs were put in a room and told we had to stay there until 2pm.  I was like we have the same cabin plus that is not fair we want a few minutes before everyone else gets on the ship to get a chair on Serenity.  Need to start reading my Kindle instead of all these reviews.🤦‍♀️

What do you mean by that?  what kind of 'room' were you put in? I've never ever heard of that. Done plenty of B2B with Carnival before and since the restart, never heard of that. Can you elaborate? Yes you have to all assemble in a particular place. but then depending on the CBP at the particular port they either lead you off the ship as a group once they zero out all the previous cruise guests, do passport check, then bring you back and give you your new keys and you're free to roam the ship. OR they bring the Border agents on the ship to check your passports and then get your new keys, never leaving the ship. If you have the same cabin you're able to go back to your room, or if you have to change rooms you're at the mercy of the cabin attendant if your new room hasn't been finished. In any case I have never heard of any cruise line not allowing B2B passengers free range of the ship - until 2pm? They start boarding the new passengers around 11am. So new passengers get to go about the ship and B2Bs have to be in a room?  What you're saying doesn't seem to make sense. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteOptima said:

We are doing B2B in April and had a dream or should I say nightmare last night that all the B2Bs were put in a room and told we had to stay there until 2pm.  

20 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

What do you mean by that?  what kind of 'room' were you put in? I've never ever heard of that. Done plenty of B2B with Carnival before and since the restart, never heard of that. Can you elaborate? Yes you have to all assemble in a particular place. but then depending on the CBP at the particular port they either lead you off the ship as a group once they zero out all the previous cruise guests, do passport check, then bring you back and give you your new keys and you're free to roam the ship. OR they bring the Border agents on the ship to check your passports and then get your new keys, never leaving the ship. If you have the same cabin you're able to go back to your room, or if you have to change rooms you're at the mercy of the cabin attendant if your new room hasn't been finished. In any case I have never heard of any cruise line not allowing B2B passengers free range of the ship - until 2pm? They start boarding the new passengers around 11am. So new passengers get to go about the ship and B2Bs have to be in a room?  What you're saying doesn't seem to make sense. 

Hi @kwokpot🙂

You might want to read @WhiteOptima's comment again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

No, nightmares don’t make sense.  Read the second sentence again. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I have done several B2Bs too.  This was a dream I had last night.  

Faded in and out never really got any sleep. What is the purpose of making announcements in the room to do muster at 1pm when almost nobody is in their room yet?

But I feel more rested and ready to take on the world so my little half nap helped. Still gonna get a coffee at some point because why not. Cheers! 😁

• Like 3

Muster is done. It was the longest I think I've been to since before we switched to emuster.

This was because we had a comedian who wanted to tell jokes and drone on and on instead of doing the demonstration and moving us along. Added in three plugs for the fun shops just for good measure 😒.

After muster I was able to get another unopened drink. I'm never gonna do any drinking at this rate 😆

Just noticed the app does not have the bar menus listed. I'm gonna look them up online and make a game plan for drinks I want to try.

• Like 4

I'm sort of lost for sailaway. I love a forward view with no obstruction. I don't think 8 wraps all the way around and serenity usually has giant glass panes.

I'm going to see how close I can get to the front on 8. Almost forward beats glass in the way.

• Like 3

Grabbed a watermelon crush from Lili at the watering hole.

20221211_160130-X2.jpg

Ran into someone I sailed with for 26 days in September so stopped and chatted. 

Next thing I knew my drink was gone so I grabbed another. It's delicious and refreshing and I feel like it is one of those drinks you need to be careful with because you don't really realize it has alcohol. 

• Like 6

I couldn't figure out why I kept getting hand receipts at the watering hole. Now I know, couldn't buy a beverage at tides because I don't have a card on file for tax.

Carnival doesn't play with letting you charge with no card on file. Royal let's you charge $300 before you are cut off. Should tell you something about carnivals average client. Just saying.

Gonna check out the line see if it is short if not I'll do it later.

Then gonna hot the gym. I did terrible keeping up with my routine last week but no excuses this cruise.

• Like 2