MSC upgrade program -

hollyalyn

Hi Everyone, 

I am new to this board.

We will be sailing the Meraviglia (first time with MSC) on the 23rd of December, staying in a fantastica balcony cabin, I have bid and then cancelled, but decided what the heck and bid again. 

as of today (12/07) I have not received any notifications that my bid/s was accepted, my credit card is also now showing any new charges. 

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with the upgrade progam and if luck of the bid can come even closure to the cruise date, as cabins don't get booked. 

I also bid on cabins that are currently not showing available. Maybe because the initial email we received back when we first booked (OCT) they were still avail cabins. 

Hope this is making sense. 

Thanks ! 

You might not hear if your bid was accepted until a day or two before.  HOwever, as you said they often show bids for cabin categories that are fully sold out. Basically the (outside) company that runs this program is looking to gather data as to how much folks are willing to pay.   

• Thanks 1

I booked an Inside Yacht Club sailing Dec 11 on MSC Meraviglia. The lowest bid option costs MORE than simply booking a balcony Deluxe suite in the first place. MSC will also NOT let me simply pay the existing deal price for changing to the Deluxe suite. Unbelievable. 18 available, they don't want my money. 

Like being on eBay and lowest bid for an item is $100 but can buy now for $80. Not a smart algorithm. 

7 hours ago, navychop said:

The lowest bid option costs MORE than simply booking a balcony Deluxe suite in the first place. MSC will also NOT let me simply pay the existing deal price for changing to the Deluxe suite.

Wait until you’re on board and see if you can upgrade to the YC deluxe suite then. We were able to do this last month thanks to info I read here on CC. Go straight to the YC concierge desk when you board and ask there about upgrading. We had to wait until we sailed for confirmation, but were able to upgrade for around $550 total for the two of us.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

You might not hear if your bid was accepted until a day or two before.  HOwever, as you said they often show bids for cabin categories that are fully sold out. Basically the (outside) company that runs this program is looking to gather data as to how much folks are willing to pay.   

Thank you for the information it's definitely helpful getting feedback from people who knows the process better than I 

Guess I'll I wait and see how it plays out 

8 hours ago, navychop said:

I booked an Inside Yacht Club sailing Dec 11 on MSC Meraviglia. The lowest bid option costs MORE than simply booking a balcony Deluxe suite in the first place. MSC will also NOT let me simply pay the existing deal price for changing to the Deluxe suite. Unbelievable. 18 available, they don't want my money. 

Like being on eBay and lowest bid for an item is $100 but can buy now for $80. Not a smart algorithm. 

I was able to make the 1 cruise change in which I saved 1,232.00 MSC won't refund me until after the Cruise, the stranger things was they also wouldn't let me use it to purchase on board extras 

I hope I have no issues getting it refunded when the time comes 

11 hours ago, hollyalyn said:

I was able to make the 1 cruise change in which I saved 1,232.00 MSC won't refund me until after the Cruise, the stranger things was they also wouldn't let me use it to purchase on board extras 

I hope I have no issues getting it refunded when the time comes 

This ^^^^^ 🙂  

19 hours ago, navychop said:

You can buy up to the YC Deluxe, but at the price that was prevailing when you booked.  

On 12/7/2022 at 10:28 AM, hollyalyn said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am new to this board.

We will be sailing the Meraviglia (first time with MSC) on the 23rd of December, staying in a fantastica balcony cabin, I have bid and then cancelled, but decided what the heck and bid again. 

as of today (12/07) I have not received any notifications that my bid/s was accepted, my credit card is also now showing any new charges. 

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with the upgrade progam and if luck of the bid can come even closure to the cruise date, as cabins don't get booked. 

I also bid on cabins that are currently not showing available. Maybe because the initial email we received back when we first booked (OCT) they were still avail cabins. 

Hope this is making sense. 

Thanks ! 

I have won a couple in the last year. Balcony to YC Deluxe.

I also bid max.

59 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Lol

I finally got my refund for a 2020 issue last month. Took a high volume TA to step in as I booked direct back then.

Ooof that's way to long to wait, I called and had them transfer it to OBC guess at least I won't be fighting for all of it back