Celebrity Beyond- Rome May 2023 Cruise - Excursion Questions

marde725

Hi!! I am a first time cruiser and we are taking the Celebrity Beyond from Rome on May 15, 2023 going to the Greek Islands and Turkey. The cruise is a compromise between more independent travelers and travelers who prefer easy, relaxed travel. We are planning to do mostly independent excursions and I am trying to understand what "ship's time" means for Celebrity. Do they adjust to the time in the port of call or do they always follow the time zone of the initial port? We will be in 3 different time zones and I want to time our independent excursions correctly. Also, any tips for first time cruisers and on booking independent excursions very welcome. Thank you!

I have never known Celebrity to keep to the embarkation port time exclusively when in the Med.  In general they change the ship time to match the land time.  That being said, experienced tour operators know what’s up and will schedule their tours accordingly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marde725 said:

Also, any tips for first time cruisers and on booking independent excursions very welcome. Thank you!

That's a wonderful itinerary. You are going to have a blast!

You can never go wrong booking tours from Rome In Limo. They are fantastic! They offer tours in multiple ports so it's easy to combine tours for a discount.

Join the Roll Call for your cruise and see what independent tours your fellow cruisers are putting together.

Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1

There is already a board specifically for the May 15 cruise. And some of the folks are organizing private tours and you can pigg back with their plans. You wil see how it works. They find an excursion , sign up fo rit and the more peole that join them the less expensive it becomes.

Ship time is gospel. The app uses ship time when in that particular cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marde725 said:

Hi!! I am a first time cruiser and we are taking the Celebrity Beyond from Rome on May 15, 2023 going to the Greek Islands and Turkey. The cruise is a compromise between more independent travelers and travelers who prefer easy, relaxed travel. We are planning to do mostly independent excursions and I am trying to understand what "ship's time" means for Celebrity. Do they adjust to the time in the port of call or do they always follow the time zone of the initial port? We will be in 3 different time zones and I want to time our independent excursions correctly. Also, any tips for first time cruisers and on booking independent excursions very welcome. Thank you!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  The ship will adjust its time to match the local time of the port throughout your Med cruise.

As far independent shorex tips go, yes--definitely look at our sailing's roll call to see what is being planned.  You also may want to look at other roll calls that visit your ports to get additional ideas.

• Like 1