Post Cruise excursion to Kennedy Space Center and transport back to Orlando?

SnowBird Cruzer

Back in 2016, we did a cruise out of Port Canaveral and at the end, we booked an excursion that went to Kennedy Space Center (KSC) and then took us back to Orlando for our flight home.

While our cruise isn't until July, i haven't been able to find a similar trip yet at all.  We will be on Wonder of the Seas.

I asked RCCL and they said that as we get closer to the sailing, they will probably add these type of post excursion trips.  And maybe so, there is a lot that has changed post COVID.   But I also looked on their overall list of excursions at various ports, and there isn't even one listed to go to KSC.

Does KSC still allow visitors, or did that get suspended due to COVID and it hasn't restarted yet?  I didn't search every Google hit, but I was not having much luck even finding a 3rd party operation to take us there.

Does anyone have a post cruise excursion booked to KSC recently, or coming up?  Even on another cruise line?

I'm just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2022 at 1:09 PM, quillwercruisers said:

We were on the NCL Escape in January of this year, and we booked this excursion through NCL. According to their website, they are still offering it.  Hopefully RCCL will add it on closer to your cruise.

We will be going on the Escape in April and we are looking at doing this post cruise Kennedy Space Tour. Did they just drop you off at the Space center and you toured it on your own or did this tour include anything at the Space Center that wouldn't be included in normal admission? We are trying to decide if we book this through NCL OR if we just rent a mini van and drive there ourselves, then return the car to MCO. Our flight isn't until the next morning so we have plenty of time and thought then we would be on our own schedule. Plus there are 6 of us. The price difference for the 6 of us is about $100 cheaper to rent the mini van and purchase Kennedy Tickets on our own vs buying through NCL.

Thanks!

On 1/13/2023 at 5:31 PM, akolasz said:

We will be going on the Escape in April and we are looking at doing this post cruise Kennedy Space Tour. Did they just drop you off at the Space center and you toured it on your own or did this tour include anything at the Space Center that wouldn't be included in normal admission? We are trying to decide if we book this through NCL OR if we just rent a mini van and drive there ourselves, then return the car to MCO. Our flight isn't until the next morning so we have plenty of time and thought then we would be on our own schedule. Plus there are 6 of us. The price difference for the 6 of us is about $100 cheaper to rent the mini van and purchase Kennedy Tickets on our own vs buying through NCL.

Thanks!

If you have that much time, then I would rent a mini van and do it yourselves. There was a tour guide, which was nice for additional information, but you don't have the time to explore at your leisure.  There is a lot to see. 

• Like 1

We did this tour at the end of our transatlantic on the Wonder of the Seas in October, 2022.  Because Port Canaveral wasn’t able to process such a large group efficiently, we were at least two hours late getting to Kennedy Space Station. Then we had to be back on the bus in less than two hours to get back to the Orlando airport.  While we are glad we got to see what we did, it wasn’t nearly enough time.  We couldn’t even do the bus tour around the Space Center.  If you want to spend maximum time at Space Center, rent the car.  It is quite expensive to get into the Space Center.  Be sure you check out all costs before you decide.  I didn’t think the price of the tour and drop off by Royal was too bad.  We had more problem with the time.