Holland America 2024 cruise itineraries

oaktreerb

Holland America has released the 2024 Alaska cruises which include an amazing 28 day Alaska itinerary round trip Seattle.  If you have the time and love Alaska, check it out!  The Alaska/Yukon land and sea tours are out for 2023 but the 2024 land tours are not yet released.  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

Holland America has released the 2024 Alaska cruises which include an amazing 28 day Alaska itinerary round trip Seattle.

You're referring to an itinerary that is a round-trip between Seattle and Nome. No doubt it will be an interesting--if not "amazing"--journey. However, it is not unique. Each year there are a handful of itineraries that voyage to Nome, some of which then continue to or from the Northwest Passage. What is less common is being able to easily travel round-trip to Nome, and for that reason the Holland-America Line itinerary is a distinct cruise itinerary.

Hurtigruten also offers round-trips to Nome, as back-to-back one-ways trips to and from Nome. In 2023 the vessel Roald Amundsen will do so out of Vancouver on July 3 (31 nights). Also, on August 3 one could travel on the Roald Amundsen for 16 nights, arriving in Nome on August 19, before the vessel continues on its way through the Northwest Passage, connecting in Nome with the Hurtigruten vessel Fridtjof Nansen, coming from the Northwest Passage, and departing Nome on September 7 (16 nights) back to Vancouver.

@GTJ In the past Holland America has broken out of the traditional Alaska itineraries with 14 day and 21 day itineraries and I have been hoping for another long cruise with minimal effort on my part.  Seattle to Seattle fits the bill.  It will be interesting to visit Dutch Harbor and Nome for sure.  June should be a good time to cruise.  At one time I would have enjoyed sailing the Northwest Passage but it’s no longer on my “bucket list”. I also look forward to meeting the interesting experts and lecturers that will be onboard.

• Like 1