R312 Aurora Fjords Itinerary is Corrupted on the P&O Webpage

tring

Just looking at the Fjords cruise on Aurora, which we booked last month and the itinerary does not show on the website when a search is done for the cruise.  When I logged in to "my cruises", four of the port days are showing cruising only on the itinerary there (i.e. the days we are due in Skolden, Andalsnes, Olden and Eidfjord) leaving only Alesund, Trodheim and Bergen as port stops.  The shore excursions are looking strange as well, with some incorrect ports showing under some port days and excursions for Andalsnes are not there at all.

This could well be a typical corruption of the P&O webpage because of their "somewhat lacking" IT system (I thought I would be polite about that).  It does leave me a little worried though that something is happening with the itinerary.  Is anyone else booked on this cruise and, if so, are you getting the same on your computer?

Barbara

Edited by tring

7 hours ago, tring said:

Is anyone else booked on this cruise and, if so, are you getting the same on your computer?

We are also booked on this cruise so, having read your post, I had a look at the website and have found the same as you regarding ports & excursions in my.pocruises.  Also an absence of itinerary on the main webpage. I sincerely hope this is nothing more than a "blip" in the system!  

• Like 1

Just gone into My Account - excursions coming up for all ports.  Had a quick look last night after reading your post and yes, couldn't pull up the itinerary - same with other Aurora cruises to Norway although I got brief views of the itinerary page underneath the scrolling symbol then it seemed to disappear and skip to Bookings.  Got to go out but will investigate further and report back later.  Yes hopefully just a Blip!

2 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

Just gone into My Account - excursions coming up for all ports.  Had a quick look last night after reading your post and yes, couldn't pull up the itinerary - same with other Aurora cruises to Norway although I got brief views of the itinerary page underneath the scrolling symbol then it seemed to disappear and skip to Bookings.  Got to go out but will investigate further and report back later.  Yes hopefully just a Blip!

Checked again.  The one port which excursions are not visible for is Andalsnes, but each time I click on the icon for the excursions for that port it just goes into another port's excursions (generally Bergen, but not always).  Also the cruise is now called "Norway and Iceland", instead of "Norweigian Fjords".  If thye think they are taking us to a few places in the fjords, then whizzing us over to Iceland, they have another thing coming!  I am wondering if they are re sorting a number of ports to make availability for the re scheduled Baltic cruises.  No Baltic cruise was due on P&O during our cruise, but could be swapping between Carnival UK brands. 

The itinerary is still coming up for the Aurora cruise entitled Norweigian Fjords departing on the 10th June  and also for a number of other cruises.  The more up to date environmental restrictions could be having an effect in some ports as well since the cruise was planned,, but I would have thought they would have known about that for a long time now. 

Oh well all we can do is wait and see because asking about it now will not get a response.

5 hours ago, tring said:

Also the cruise is now called "Norway and Iceland", instead of "Norweigian Fjords". 

Where did this pop up?  I have checked R312 both in my.pocruises and on the website - both still show Norwegian Fjords as the cruise name.

Regarding excursions, if you go into my.pocruises and select Shore Excursions then View Shore Excursions and select View All and choose date order, you will see five excursions for Andalsnes.  You can't seem to get to them by selecting the Andalsnes button. This would seem to indicate a technical issue!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Where did this pop up?  I have checked R312 both in my.pocruises and on the website - both still show Norwegian Fjords as the cruise name.

Regarding excursions, if you go into my.pocruises and select Shore Excursions then View Shore Excursions and select View All and choose date order, you will see five excursions for Andalsnes.  You can't seem to get to them by selecting the Andalsnes button. This would seem to indicate a technical issue!

It.seems to depend how you go into it on the screen, as I got the original title again later today and then the one with Iceland mentioned came up again and it did have the right dates and cruise number with it.  Interesting you got the excursions on screen, yes, I was thinking probably a blip.  Thanks for mentioning that. They are obviously changing the original Baltic cruises, so perhaps someone just clicked the wrong thing - the reliability of their unreliability is amazing. 

We will see what happens but decided to leave it alone for the rest of today.  We are booked direct, so if there are any changes are notified we should hear pretty soon.  It just seems such a good itinerary though, so we hope it does go ahead as planned.  I have not been feeling well and I am very tired, so just reacted a bit too much methinks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tring said:

We will see what happens but decided to leave it alone for the rest of today.  We are booked direct, so if there are any changes are notified we should hear pretty soon.  It just seems such a good itinerary though, so we hope it does go ahead as planned.  I have not been feeling well and I am very tired, so just reacted a bit too much methinks.

Yes, we also liked the itinerary and hope it stays as originally planned. But, as I said to DH earlier today, wherever that ship is going, I'm on it - so looking forward to being on Aurora again!

Do hope you feel better very soon.  Take care.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1