Monfalcone cruise terminal

dsldsl

I just booked an MSC cruise from Venice to Greek Islands. I didn't realize that the port is not in Venice but is in Monfalcone. We arrive at the port at 9 AM and our flight home leaves Venice at 1:00 pm the same day. Is this timeline doable or do I have to bump my flight to the next day? Thanks for any help.

33 minutes ago, dsldsl said:
I just booked an MSC cruise from Venice to Greek Islands. I didn't realize that the port is not in Venice but is in Monfalcone. We arrive at the port at 9 AM and our flight home leaves Venice at 1:00 pm the same day. Is this timeline doable or do I have to bump my flight to the next day? Thanks for any help.

Monfalcone is a good 1.5 hours from the Venice airport. You need to be at the airport 3 hours ahead of time.  There is a chance you will make it if everything works out perfectly (no late arrival, no traffic, no delays).   If you can, bump the flight to the next day and stay in Venice.  

Is that 9am when the ship gets to port or when you physically are debarking?  Usually there is some time, maybe up to a few hours, between ship getting into port and when you can leave.   I honestly do think you have enough time to do your travel from the ship to the airport in that short amount of time.  I'd pick another flight.  That's just me - I'd rather have to wait at the airport than be anxious that I've cut it too close and I'm going to miss my flight.

You might want to ask if MSC offers a transfer to VCE.  About $50.  This will enable you to be among the first people off the ship.   

As an example I was recently on an NCL cruise from Trieste which is 2 hrs from VCE. We docked at 6am.  NCL transfers who had flights before 1pm were off the ship at 7am.  Transfers with flights after 1pm disembarked at 8am.  Basically NCL was requiring 5hrs between disembarking the ship and your flight time. 

My past experiences at VCE were always chaotic and I needed those 3 hrs, but this past Oct was a breeze. There were lines but they moved quickly. Even with a stop at the Ticket Counter I was at my gate in less than an hour!  I don't know if VCE improved their processes, or it was an anomaly.  

• Like 1