Barbados flights from Birmingham

wowzz

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

It's to have a cabin available until 3pm ish on departure day

There are some rather misguided people booking the cabins as they think they'll have them until their flight.  You will.not as they are strictly time limited to 3.00pm.

Having just received our flight details nearly all the flights are within a two hour window with most leaving here for the airport between 3.15 and 3.30.

The flight problems are not P&O's rather TUI and the airports. It is unreasonable to blame P&O as some on-board have been doing.

We are told we will.hear of flight delays at 11.00am if there are any and have been warned that we most likely will have problems arriving in the UK.

On our arrival on 16th the people scheduled for the Glasgow flight which never arrived were brought back on-board after the notification of the problem in the UK.

Previous years there have been an hour or two delay on some charters and arrival time at the airport were adjusted accordingly.

With the UK airport situation as it is it is unfortunately a lottery at present for you but it would be churlish to say P&O are responsible.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 12:27 PM, wowzz said:

A cruise is not like a hotel. You continue to enjoy all the amenities [apart from your cabin] until you leave the ship to join the transfer coach to the airport.

Probably around 800 to 1000 passengers will leave the ship in mid afternoon to go to the airport on the shuttle buses, that are included as part of your fare.

we are flying from Heathrow with BA,,,,obviously return as well....we have a private taxi booked at 1-30 for airport....We know luggage goes out night before, but if we are on a chartered flight to Heathrow with BA.....will OUR luggage be with rest  and OK until we pick it up when we leave.... or do we have to keep it all  with us until leaving ship....?? Anyone have any ideas.

5 minutes ago, slug33ukuk said:

we are flying from Heathrow with BA,,,,obviously return as well....we have a private taxi booked at 1-30 for airport....We know luggage goes out night before, but if we are on a chartered flight to Heathrow with BA.....will OUR luggage be with rest  and OK until we pick it up when we leave.... or do we have to keep it all  with us until leaving ship....?? Anyone have any ideas.

Personally I do not believe this is a charter flight, so you will be responsible  for your own luggage. 

2 minutes ago, slug33ukuk said:

Only the TUI charters offer bonded luggage.  Those on scheduled flights such as BA and Virgin collect their luggage from the "shed" at the port and then transfer to the airport with it.  

Just now, Megabear2 said:

Only the TUI charters offer bonded luggage.  Those on scheduled flights such as BA and Virgin collect their luggage from the "shed" at the port and then transfer to the airport with it.  

Understand that, what we want to know is will it be ok there until we pick up our transport?  

1 minute ago, slug33ukuk said:

Understand that, what we want to know is will it be ok there until we pick up our transport?  

That would be your personal risk assessment.  Passing through the shed the area is much like any other area you come across in ports.  Obviously the bulk of luggage is bonded on these cruises so there aren't a lot of bags there.  The cruisers on non P&O have luggage areas for both embarkation and disembarkation.  I've never seen anyone interfering with these. 

If you've ever boarded a ship in Genoa or other smaller Italian ports it is very reminiscent of those areas.

5 hours ago, slug33ukuk said:

Thanks for that..good to know

What I really want to know, is how you managed to get BA flights out of LHR ?

And did you have the option to upgrade to PE or Club ?

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

What I really want to know, is how you managed to get BA flights out of LHR ?

And did you have the option to upgrade to PE or Club ?

I seem to recall Slug33ukuk is on a stay and cruise package from a leading travel agent - I recall 3 or 4 days in a hotel pre-cruise. If my memory serves me well he booked November time and asked about various things at the time.

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

I seem to recall Slug33ukuk is on a stay and cruise package from a leading travel agent - I recall 3 or 4 days in a hotel pre-cruise. If my memory serves me well he booked November time and asked about various things at the time.

Ah yes, I remember now. Thanks.

• Like 1