Junkanoo vs Blue Lagoon

nyguyrw

Hi all, I haven’t been to Nassau in 20 years so my first instinct was to book blue lagoon and get a private experience. I’m reading more about how much nicer the port is and I hesitate to commit a full day to blue lagoon or any other beach club. Am I really down grading my beach experience by going tojunkanoo for a few hours instead of a whole day at blue lagoon

Just my 2 cents…in a similar situation, I was going to do beach day at blue lagoon until I found out they cage sea mammals for profit. I personally will not give my hard earned money to that operation. Now I am going to Junkanoo and maybe walk over and check out the new Margaritaville.

Depends on what you're looking for.  We were perfectly happy hanging out at Junkanoo for a bit.  The sand was nice.  There was some shade.  No one hassled us.  It was free.  However, there are not "toys", not chair rentals that we found on the public beach.  Quite a few food vendors down the beach.  More "rustic" but just what we wanted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've done both. Junkanoo is an easy walk and is free. Blue Lagoon you have to pay for. They also have water toys etc there so it depends on what you are looking for. A relaxing day? I would just go to Junkanoo since it is free. They do have people that will come by and ask if you want food/drinks but they didn't pester you.

• Like 2

Thank you, I believe I saw blue lagoon has zoo accreditations ( I’m unsure of the process or legitimacy).

its 2 of us on a kids free trip so quieter is better. I know my wife wants a chair to read a book and I may sit for a bit then hang in the water, nothing outrageous. It sounds like Junkanoo may be able to provide that. The flexibility is also important

20 hours ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Can I rent chairs at Junkanoo?  I haven't been there since 2014.  TIA

Looks like chairs/umbrella's are easy to get according to this video.  I think this is what we'll do in March.  Why is Nassau such a tough port to find good things to do?

Dan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/10/2023 at 1:19 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

Why is Nassau such a tough port to find good things to do?

I think newbies may stick with ship excursions and very frequent visitors have their favorites???  Those of us in between need to work at finding info and maybe don’t come back to share??

Edited by Vacationdreamer<><
  • Like 1