Symphony Transatlantic arrival time

topnole

Docs say 5am arrival in Barcelona.  It’s been several years since I’ve done a TA ending in Barcelona.  Anyone have an idea what a reasonable time is to have a flight that morning out Barcelona?  It would be a short flight to another European city.  Last time I paid no attention since I was staying in Barcelona for a couple days.  Thanks an advance for any opinions.  I understand thing can vary a lot.  I’m just looking for recent experiences or the potential norm (if there is one).  

Edited by topnole

Hi

We are on this cruise, and we've booked our flights with Royal, we are scheduled to fly at 11.10 from Barcelona back to UK.    We were also on the Wonder TA back in April, which ended up in Barcelona, and we had the same flights to return home.    We were tag #1 to get off the ship (I think we actually disembarked around 6.45am), and with Royal Transfer from ship to airport we had loads of time to catch our flight.

1 hour ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hi

We are on this cruise, and we've booked our flights with Royal, we are scheduled to fly at 11.10 from Barcelona back to UK.    We were also on the Wonder TA back in April, which ended up in Barcelona, and we had the same flights to return home.    We were tag #1 to get off the ship (I think we actually disembarked around 6.45am), and with Royal Transfer from ship to airport we had loads of time to catch our flight.

Thanks.  My recollection it would probably be about 20-30 minutes to the airport.  Last time we did it by train to downtown so I don’t know the price/distance.   Did you take a cab?  

Do you recall airport security?  Easy or were there long lines?   I have a 9:40am flight I’m eyeing or I’ll probably need to wait until later afternoon which I’d much prefer to avoid.  I know there are no guarantees, by I feel like we could get off early and probably have plenty of time to spare even with a 9:30ish flight.  

1 hour ago, texmex.ferr said:

Hi

Sorry missed the Royal transfer part.  Ignore my question on the cab.  

9 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

The quickest and best way is to take a cab there will be 100’s lined up.

20 or so minutes away earlier this year €39.00 fixed rate.

Thanks for that info.  Just what I was looking for.  I remember the cab line when we departed Liberty one year, but we were just cabbing to our local Barcelona hotel that time.  

The only slight issue we had was finding our suitcases in the baggage hall, once we got off the ship.  They operate a system like in the airports (turntables), and if you're not there to grab them as they go past, they just continue on the belt.    We thought we'd lost one of our cases, but it eventually showed up.    We were told the journey would be approx 30 minutes, but I'm sure we arrived well within the 30 minutes (probably more like 20 minutes, but there wasn't a lot of traffic on the road to the airport that morning).   You could be safer using a private taxi to get you there quicker than Royal's transfer bus, especially if you're flight's at 9.30.    The queues weren't too long for most flights (we had friends flying with Delta, back to the Canada, via US, and were on our coach, whilst we flew with KLM and we were all checked in at different areas of the airport quickly.