Can/should I book an accessible cabin?

CarolGS

We are hoping to sail in February. The sailing we are interested in is nearly sold out.  The only cabins left are several inside cabins (some standard and some accessible) and two accessible Sky Suites.  We are not interested in the inside cabins as I am somewhat claustrophobic. Due to old injuries I sometimes require a cane but otherwise do not require a wheelchair. Do I have a moral obligation to not book this sailing and leave the cabins to wheelchair bound cruisers?

if the cruise line feels you fit the criteria to book the accessible Sky Suite, I would say book it.  “Accessibility” is not “Priority”.  I’ll go make some popcorn now.   Have a great trip whatever you decide. 

The key is really if they are available for booking if you don't select the "Wheelchair Accessible" box when searching.   At some point in the booking process they may release these cabins for booking by anyone.  If that's the case then I'd have no problem booking one, otherwise no.

They very often will assign an accessible Sky Suite when booking a Suite GTY.

The alternative would be to call Celebrity and ask if the cabin is available for booking by someone not requiring an accessible cabin.

• Like 1