This fellow said he was assaulted by an MSC crew member...

Stockjock

10 minutes ago, Kevin79 said:

Completely agree. There is a UK vlogging couple who have slatted MSC on their last cruise due to a member of staff coming over telling them to stop filming and making them cry. I've seen vloggers filming on board and they really do take over the space. I, personally, don't want to be in their bloody film, but don't get asked one way or another.

Totally agree. It's hard to phathom why these people just video constantly. I'm sure not on a cruise to film every little thing we do. Then when they get home they have to edit the heck out of it. Not worth it for us. To each their own i guess. Maybe they make money somehow? 

• Like 1

Agree @Kevin79 I guess they have to film alot to have enough footage to make a video.

They make it through the adverts on YouTube although not much @FSHLOT - although I think the goal is to gain enough subscribers that they will get freebies etc from the cruise lines to promote their brand.

Some of the videos are really helpful and I do enjoy them. But not all. 

1 hour ago, Ryan82 said:

Agree @Kevin79 I guess they have to film alot to have enough footage to make a video.

They make it through the adverts on YouTube although not much @FSHLOT - although I think the goal is to gain enough subscribers that they will get freebies etc from the cruise lines to promote their brand.

Some of the videos are really helpful and I do enjoy them. But not all. 

I knew a woman in her early 20s who was gorgeous.  She told me that she had made over $1,000,000 in a year mostly from YouTube revenues, but also from some kind of cosmetics gig she got, which of course came as a result of her YouTube Channel.

Her target market was young girls around 15-17 years old and the entire channel was about what to wear, how to do makeup, lifestyle and that sort of thing.  I didn't know her well, but I did speak with her on the phone once and she said that she was afraid that one day, people would stop tuning in to her channel and it would "all go away".  I'm with one of the big Wall Street firms and I was trying to encourage her to start investing while she was young and making a boatload of money, but I don't think she did that.  She hasn't posted a new video in about 3 years, so it seems as if something has changed.

That said, I know these cruise channel folks don't make nearly that much, although I'll bet that some of them make a decent supplemental income.  The woman I spoke of would routinely get 3,000,000 to 4,000,000 hits per video and the cruise channel guys and gals aren't close to that.

FWIW, my channel is monetized, but I don't post much and it could be about almost anything.  When I do a cruise video, it's usually a short one take that is typically unedited.  I think I make roughly $20 per month, lol.  The more prominent cruse channel types are probably making $5,000 to $80,000 per year, would be my guess.  Obviously, it's about hits and click-throughs/revenue.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

What I find strange about his experience is this, If an unknown person shoves me from behind, I will take that as a personal, physical attack and I will respond in kind. In this case, it would be elevated and surely have been seen by fellow passengers, cameras, etc. The CruiseLine and offender would be held responsible.