Odd Wonder gym question -- Peloton bikes

I've been wanting to try a Peloton bike, and -- as expensive as they are -- I'd love to "try before I buy".  

I see that they're available in Wonder's gym.  A couple questions: 

- I see you have to reserve time on them on Day 1.  Is this a big rush item?  

- I have no Peloton "log in" or whatever's necessary -- can I do this online ahead of time?  

- Any general suggestions for a first time user?  

Thanks in advance!  

If I recall there were two or four units. At least one was available at all times. I don't remember any type of reservation system. I was not visiting the gym during peak times though.

As an actual Peloton owner I know there are 2-3 classes preloaded on to the machines so they can be used even without internet access. But I also suspect Royal Caribbean will have a special commercial application running on these machines instead of the residential one.

I suspect you'll be able to walk up and start using it just fine. 

Suggestion for first time user: Do at least a 30 minute class, possibly even 45 minutes. You can't get a workout in 20 minutes. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes but the best teachers are generally the ones that have been around longest: Alex Touissant, Cody Rigsby, Robin Arzon. Don't do a Power Zone class, you don't know what your power zones are yet so none of it would make sense to you.

Edited by spooky981

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry this is a little late, I just joined Cruise Critic today. 😀 I'm a huge Peloton fan so I'll try and answer some of your questions. 

- We didn't see a reservation system on Day 1. When we perused the fitness center all four Peloton bikes were empty. Wonder has a total of six bikes. Four on the main floor and two in the spinning studio. I don't think people realized there were two in the studio. Having said that only one of the bikes was fully functional. Three were unusable as the vertical seat adjustment was broken and the seat was full down. Two of the other bikes the horizontal movement on the seat was stuck and the resistance was jacked up (technical term). The one that worked was the second one on the left as you face the bikes in the main Fitness Center. Hopefully Royal Caribbean will get the bikes fixed. The ship having the bikes was a big factor in booking this cruise. Having said all that I was always able to get on the one working bike. If you go in the afternoon the bikes will be empty.

- You can create a log in ahead of time. If you have internet on your phone/mobile device it's really easy to log in via a QR code on the Peloton screen. Otherwise you will need to know your User Name and password.

- General suggestions. Don't overthink the ride. The resistance and cadence the instructors call out are guides. If it's not working for you adjust as necessary. The same goes for sitting or standing in the "saddle."  Here's a link on how to adjust the seat. Peloton seat adjustment 

Hope this was helpful

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really don't get putting these bikes in resort gyms, then requiring a membership to use it. I've got an app membership because I own an actual gym quality spin bike, but I don't think that will work on actual peloton equipment.

I guess it's a perk for current owners, but does less than nothing for non-owners. Less than nothing because it makes it pretty obvious you have a paperweight if you don't pay for the monthly subscription.

Edited by OSUZorba

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 2:27 PM, Nado44 said:

FYI, the two Peloton bikes in the studio are usually reserved for those in Star Class. Your Royal Genie can make arrangements to have a bike brought to your suite.

Seriously?  I can have one of the Peloton bikes delivered to my Aqua Theatre balcony?  I can get my workout in while I watch the water show?  This would absolutely make my cruise the best ever!!!!!!  I am going to ask my Genie about it even before we board.  ThanksNado44!!!!!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Whirled Peas said:

Seriously?  I can have one of the Peloton bikes delivered to my Aqua Theatre balcony?  I can get my workout in while I watch the water show?  This would absolutely make my cruise the best ever!!!!!!  I am going to ask my Genie about it even before we board.  ThanksNado44!!!!!!!

I've cruised Star Class many times and never heard of the Peloton bikes being delivered to a suite. But, I've never asked either.  If it is true, I'd like current info on that.

I only know what Nado44 wrote.  I just booked my very first RC cruise.  I usually book Cunard or Seabourn, neither of which have Pelotons at all.   But this cruise is for my granddaughter. I won't be boarding my cruise until April, 2025.  Hopefully someone else can give you a definitive answer before then.

• Like 1