Passenger Hygiene (or lack of it!)

Techno123

On 12/26/2022 at 5:00 PM, Techno123 said:

A degree of paranoia helps to keep you healthy 😂 certainly works for me.

In fairness, I have observed (and called out - see Huggsy's post above) enough people leaving public washrooms who have not washed their hands that I open the exit door using a tissue/paper towel or the sleeve of my jumper and don't touch hand rails or elevator buttons. Having dealt with E Coli outbreaks, to me this is not paranoia it is taking sensible precautions.

My husband hated the fact that on Oceania the staff served the food at the buffet but that is a possible alternative (and I believe is the norm during norovirus outbreaks on most cruise ships). I know I could avoid the buffets but I do love being able to select small portions of food to try (seared tuna loin I am talking to you 😜) which I might not order in a full service restaurant.

In nearly 50 cruises the ONLY time I encountered a noro virus problem on the ship was on Oceania where the buffet food is all staff served!

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 2:41 PM, mnocket said:

To each their own.  Call me a daredevil but I'll continue to live on the wild side and eat cookies with my hands.  I'm sure you're not alone, but I really can't recall ever seeing anyone eat a cookie with a knife and fork.

Not quite cookies but I couldn't help myself. 

5a610911838e7fda41d7996daeb1b4d4--seinfeld-snickers-bar.jpg

Edited by MIARube
  • Haha 3