Beach day from Taino Bay

GotMINI

Celebrity cruise in March 2023 is docking at Taino Bay and would like to go to visit a beach for the day (vs staying at the port).  Looking for recommendation if anything worthwhile walking or by taxi (how far? how much?).  Prefer to be able to go into water and rent umbrellas if possible for some shade.   

Thanks in advance for recommendations!

Can't give any recommendations specifically because we haven't been, but I've just been doing my own research before our trip. Playa Dorada is a beach I've found that you can visit, either arranged via excursions or taxi (not sure on the price). There is a nice looking pool area in port, Free, just encouraged to buy drinks, that looks nice, though you've said you don't want to stay in port. 

• 2 weeks later...

Following up to see if there's been anyone who's recently visited Puerto Plata (2022-2023) and could recommend a beach.   Was thinking of Long Beach or Playa Dorada.  Pictures online look nice but cannot find much info on specific places along beach to go, facilities, cost of chairs/umbrellas, cab rides, etc.   Any thoughts would be appreciated!!  

I've been looking on Youtube to look at some ports.  It's tough on some of these smaller islands. Info is very hard to come by. Also try tripadvisor. They have excursion advise sometimes.  The struggle is real. We will be there in Apri.