Can I bring a manual OJ machine

mcatmcat

1 hour ago, Tin can said:

Apparently black pudding, or blood pudding as I believe it is known in the States, came to the UK from Europe and apparently was a favoured dish of the Romans.

We can take no credit for this delicacy 😀

Oh, but I think you can take credit for Haggis.  It is the national meal of Scotland, right.

"........one-third of American tourists visiting Scotland thought that a haggis was a wild animal and almost a quarter arrived in Scotland thinking they could catch one!

So, if you wish to preserve your belief in little furry creatures, or if you have just purchased tickets for a “Wild Haggis Hunt”, please do not read any further!

Perhaps it is because the truth is a little more frightening than fiction, and too much for a Scotsman to admit that his national dish consists of a sheep’s stomach stuffed with diced innards. Haggis is typically served with root vegetables; otherwise known as haggis with mashed tatties (potatoes) and neeps (turnips)".

LOL

https://www.answers.com/Q/Where_did_blood_pudding_originate_from

Edited by Ret MP

12 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Oh, but I think you can take credit for Haggis.  It is the national meal of Scotland, right.

"........one-third of American tourists visiting Scotland thought that a haggis was a wild animal and almost a quarter arrived in Scotland thinking they could catch one!

So, if you wish to preserve your belief in little furry creatures, or if you have just purchased tickets for a “Wild Haggis Hunt”, please do not read any further!

Perhaps it is because the truth is a little more frightening than fiction, and too much for a Scotsman to admit that his national dish consists of a sheep’s stomach stuffed with diced innards. Haggis is typically served with root vegetables; otherwise known as haggis with mashed tatties (potatoes) and neeps (turnips)".

LOL

https://www.answers.com/Q/Where_did_blood_pudding_originate_from

😀 you would cause massive upset if you tried to say that England had any hand in Scotlands nation dish haggis.

It would be like me saying mac n cheese or the hot dog for example was given to you by the Canadians.

12 minutes ago, Tin can said:

😀 you would cause massive upset if you tried to say that England had any hand in Scotlands nation dish haggis.

It would be like me saying mac n cheese or the hot dog for example was given to you by the Canadians.

😱 The Yanks can blame us for a lots of bad stuff like Justin Bieber and Nickelback but they can't blame us for those. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tin can said:

Apparently black pudding, or blood pudding as I believe it is known in the States, came to the UK from Europe and apparently was a favoured dish of the Romans.

We can take no credit for this delicacy 😀

But I can blame Mother England for producing my Great Grand Mother, my Grandmother and my Mother who perpetuated this abomination! 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tin can said:

LOL - But, isn't Scotland a member of the U.K.?

3 hours ago, Tin can said:

But, that would be false, eh!

However, the Canadians did give us Poutine.  And I'm thankful for that.  However, when I was a kid, in Montreal, I'd go to the local snack stand and order Fries with Gravy and Cheese or just Fries and Gravy.  Don't remember it having a name of its own.

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

But I can blame Mother England for producing my Great Grand Mother, my Grandmother and my Mother who perpetuated this abomination! 😄

I can blame my grandmother for Curried Lamb w/mint sauce and Mango Chutney.  Love it all but the Lamb part.  Every time we visited with her and Grandpa on Kingston St., TO, out came the Curried Lamb.  I ate it, didn't like it. I was threatened with near death if I didn't eat it.  :classic_angry:

My wife now uses the same recipe but modified from the Lamb to Chicken.  It's a special meal and we only have it when my kids or Gkids visit.  

5 hours ago, Tin can said:

We don't have mac and cheese.  We have Kraft Dinner. 😁

• Haha 1

BTW, we have us, well, formally me, Canadians for Peameal Bacon.  Looooooooove the stuff.  Every time we visit Canada we bring back several pounds of the stuff.  

Edited by Ret MP