Papeete - Intercontinental IHG Resort - Daypass?

SailingHigher

Our next cruise is a Windstar 7-night roundtrip from Papeete, Tahiti. Because of the AirFrance flight schedule, we have single night reservations at the Intercontinental on both ends of the cruise. Our flight to PPT is scheduled to arrive a 5:30 a.m. I'm inclined to take a taxi to the resort and hang out poolside until our room is ready in the afternoon.

Is that likely to work out or do I need to reserve and pay for a day pass to cover us from say 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.? Would you recommend renting a car to explore Tahiti instead? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SailingHigher said:

Our next cruise is a Windstar 7-night roundtrip from Papeete, Tahiti. Because of the AirFrance flight schedule, we have single night reservations at the Intercontinental on both ends of the cruise. Our flight to PPT is scheduled to arrive a 5:30 a.m. I'm inclined to take a taxi to the resort and hang out poolside until our room is ready in the afternoon.

Is that likely to work out or do I need to reserve and pay for a day pass to cover us from say 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.? Would you recommend renting a car to explore Tahiti instead? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance. 

The IC as well as other resorts are cracking down on 'laying low' and hanging out. If you have a reservation for that afternoon I would simply go check in and do the paperwork  .... once they know your there they are likely going to tell you to check your bags with the 'hunky boys' 

They really are cracking down on those that just want to hang out.

• Like 1