Car service from LAX to hotel in San Pedro

sellwingri

2 hours ago, DOJO466 said:

so sorry it is airporttaxitransfers.

That is a booking site in London, UK. I would not use it to book transportation in Los Angeles, CA USA. They don't tell you who the underlying company is nor the "exact meeting point information" until AFTER you have booked.

If you have already booked and can't cancel, so be it. It will probably work out, but not a site I'd ever use.

21 hours ago, scottca075 said:

That is a booking site in London, UK. I would not use it to book transportation in Los Angeles, CA USA. They don't tell you who the underlying company is nor the "exact meeting point information" until AFTER you have booked.

If you have already booked and can't cancel, so be it. It will probably work out, but not a site I'd ever use.

thanks for letting me know this. need to look into it further

17 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

Used executivecarservice last Month for pick up outside baggage claim to San Pedro.  Excellent service, legitimate company

How much was it including tip? Good for people to know so they can look at alternatives.

Prices started out I think about $118.00 minus tip for 4.  We were 4 old fogies doing a maybe last hoorah trip and splurged for the fancy ride to San Pedro.  $$$ but nice ride.  When you google executive car service, several come up, the one we used and very helpful for questions I had is 800  878 1995

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 4:48 PM, DOJO466 said:

thanks for letting me know this. need to look into it further

They did refund me immediately.  You spooked me into cancelling. Will go with other sewrvice which unfortunately is more expensive (+30)

We used Lansky car service to go from LAX to Doubletree in San Pedro.  It was expensive ($175 which include tip) but worth it to us.  My hubby has mobility issues so going to another lot for taxi, uber etc was not feasible. We used airport wheelchair assistance which took him from plane to baggage to waiting at curb for the car.  I know you can order Uber or Lyft large vehicles that can pick you up curbside but for us the car service was easier.  May try Uber or Lyft next time.

I was trying to get an estimate for Uber from LAX to San Pedro and it won't return any estimates except for the hourly service.  Is there a trick to get an estimate?  Do we need to figure out a different plan?

We are arriving on Southwest, so that looks like Terminal 1.  Our flight arrives around 9:30am on Monday, May 1.

On 4/20/2023 at 5:24 PM, DOJO466 said:

They did refund me immediately.  You spooked me into cancelling. Will go with other sewrvice which unfortunately is more expensive (+30)

Now booked with Bob's Rides. $100plus tip. Sending driver in a Tesla.  Hoping it is not Elon

2 hours ago, Need-a-vacation said:

I was trying to get an estimate for Uber from LAX to San Pedro and it won't return any estimates except for the hourly service.  Is there a trick to get an estimate?  Do we need to figure out a different plan? We are arriving on Southwest, so that looks like Terminal 1.  Our flight arrives around 9:30am on Monday, May 1.

I'd estimate $40-50.

2 hours ago, Need-a-vacation said:

Thank you. Very reasonable. I just wanted to be sure I could actually get an Uber from the airport to the cruise terminal.  

You are lucky you are going into Terminal 1. LAX has a central lot for cabs and rideshare, but it is right next to Terminal 1 you just walk next door to get to it. It is called the LAX-it Lot (LA-exit, don't ask).