Carnival Venezia 25 JUL-02 AUG 2023

steveknj

Surprised there's no Roll Call yet!!  We are booked on this one (not fully paid up though!)  First Carnival Cruise since, I think, 2017 when the Horizon was new and sailed out of NYC.  We are excited to see how this ship is and looking for something different!  Last two cruises were on NCL in 2022 and last pre-Covid cruise was on RCCL.     From what I've seen it looks pretty awesome.   We've never been to Grand Turk or St. Thomas, so that's something new too.

Welcome aboard the roll call everyone!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

At the 85 day mark today.  Only 2 posts.  Kind of disappointed!!   Anyone else going to join us on this cruise?   Info is trickling out as the ship does it's dry dock.   Hopefully will know more soon.

• Like 1

Time is flying by!! I'm curious about the sail away party on the lido deck, and I can't wait to see the outdoor area by the old "aperol spritz" bar. The ship is so different than what I'm used to. 

Edited by Supervixen

18 minutes ago, young_ens said:

@steveknj  We'll be on too.  Sniped a room on Monday (someone cancelled I guess), first cruise since 2019.  Been a while and we last minute decision to go, ports are OK.   Mainly looking forward to getting away and Guy's. 

Welcome aboard.   Hopefully after drydock and we see what this ship is all about, we'll get some more action here.

I'll be driving there in the morning because I'm coming from the Poconos. I've only sailed out of Miami so this should be interesting. I got on the ship the last 2 times with only ID, birth certificate, social security card. Is that still the case or do I need to get a passport? 

• Like 1

We always bring our passports.   We are going to a foreign country (at least when we go to Grand Turk) so if anything happens, I don't need any extra hassles.   Obviously San Juan and St. Thomas are US territories, so you wouldn't need one there.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2023 at 10:44 AM, Sheenarn said:

Hi, my sister and myself are booked on this cruise.  Can’t wait.  Wondering how the Port is in New York? First time going out of New York. See you there!

Welcome aboard!!  What are your questions regarding Port of New York?  We are "local" so for us the port is easy.

We are at the 32 day mark and counting!  So far very little activity on our Roll Call!!  For those of you who frequent other social media to track this cruise, let folks there know we have a roll call here.

After reading through some threads about this ship and people who've done the TA cruise and the Bermuda cruise so far, it sounds really awesome.   What are people's impressions so far?

I've been watching some of the YouTube videos/vlogs from the recent sailings and I think the ship is absolutely beautiful! I'm so excited and keep having the most vivid cruise dreams every night. I'm turning 40 the week before we sail and my daughter is turning 18 in August, so my awesome parents surprised us with this cruise for a joint celebration! My kids have been on one other cruise before (Vista 2017) so they know what to expect and are counting down the days. 🎉 🥂 🥳 🚢

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A week from tomorrow!!    Half packed, just last minute stuff at this point!!.   Wish we had more activity here, and considering that it's a small group I don't think a formal meet and greet is something worth organizing, but if folks here are interested in an informal meetup, we can set a time and place and try and do so.   What does everyone think?

• Like 1

So whoever is reading.  I was thinking we could do an informal meetup.   I'm not that familiar with the ship yet, but thought, based on videos I've watch that a good place to meet might be near the Pergola Bar on Deck 11.   I was thinking 10:30am on Wednesday.  What does everyone think?

• Like 1