Taking four grandkids ages 7-17 Looking for suggestions, please

Derbie

My husband and I have been to the MX Rivera several times, but our son, wife and children have never been.  We are considering taking them to Stone Island for their beach day.  We would like to take them on a reasonably priced whale tour. We did this years ago, but I can't recall the name of the tour. Possibly, walking around Romantico area, Lands End etc.  We are wide open to suggestions; however, there are eight of us, and most likely the grandparents are paying. So, we are trying to be a bit conservative.  We will have some OBC, but I think the kiddos will want to do some fun things on the ship.  Any and all suggestions are welcome, for all ports.  I have been reading the posts on there for several weeks.  Also, our cruise is the last week of March, if that makes a difference to anyone.    PV 9AM-9 PM, Maz-9 AM-6:30 and Cabo 6:30 AM- 3 PM.  Thanks in advance!

End of March it can get kind of iffy for whale watching in Cabo. There may still be a few around, but not like the numbers in Jan/Feb.

For PV, an excursion out to Las Caletas can be fun. They have both a daytime excursion (snorkel, beach break, etc.) as well as the night-time Rhythms of the Night which even the 7 year old would probably enjoy. It is pricey, but definitely worth it. You can find videos of it on YouTube. The most boring time of the excursion will be the 1 hour boat ride out to Las Caletas. On the ride back, the boat crew puts on a pretty entertaining show. Light sweater or jacket for the return boat ride as it will cool down after the sun sets. Also sturdy shoes are a good idea (sneakers work). There is some trail hiking to get from and to the boat out at Las Caletas. Flip flops would be tough at night.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2023 at 11:33 PM, SDPadreFan said:

End of March it can get kind of iffy for whale watching in Cabo. There may still be a few around, but not like the numbers in Jan/Feb.

For PV, an excursion out to Las Caletas can be fun. They have both a daytime excursion (snorkel, beach break, etc.) as well as the night-time Rhythms of the Night which even the 7 year old would probably enjoy. It is pricey, but definitely worth it. You can find videos of it on YouTube. The most boring time of the excursion will be the 1 hour boat ride out to Las Caletas. On the ride back, the boat crew puts on a pretty entertaining show. Light sweater or jacket for the return boat ride as it will cool down after the sun sets. Also sturdy shoes are a good idea (sneakers work). There is some trail hiking to get from and to the boat out at Las Caletas. Flip flops would be tough at night.

Thank you.  DH and I have been to Rythm of the night in the past, but I really don't have the budget of $1300 for all eight of us to go. It is one of the best shows, we have ever seen!  I will check out Las Caletas.